“Just follow the sign.....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Greenwich, ct
“Just follow the sign.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Driving Southbound on I-95 and stuck in traffic, we saw the ad signs. We decided for Ralph's, open since 1946.
The place itself is less than inviting: from the outside it looks like a warehouse; inside is even less exciting. But the food provides ample compensation: we opted for the inexpensive all-you-can-eat buffet. Limited variety but excellent food, with a quality that was a total, pleasant surprise.
Excellent service.
If you happen to drive along the I-95, South of the VA border, you have to stop at Ralph's!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bohemia, New York
“Surprise off I95”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We noticed this restaurant off I95 and softer checking on line decided to stop for lunch. The waitress was delightful and when I asked about the difference between pulled pork sandwich and chopped pork she graciously brought a sample for me. My husband and I both doors weed the pulled pork sandwich which came with a side. He ordered the baked beans and I had the collard greens. Both were exceptional as was the pulled pork. Being from NY I was impressed with the hospitality,the food, and the offer of to go cups for our iced tea. Will stop here again on our next trip.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good comfort food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Simple and very tasty food. Much more than bbq. Make sure to try their chili and a corn pudding. Very friendly staff.

Mayfield, Pennsylvania
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ralph's has a nice buffet with a good selection. Nothing fancy, just plain good food. On Wednesday and Thursday night you buy one buffet and get a second one at half price. That's a good deal. They do a healthy take out business. You can also order from the menu but I like the buffet. The selection includes soup, salad, main dishes with sides of potatoes, vegetable etc. and a selection of desserts. Stay at the nearby Days Inn and between these two places you will get good value for your money.

Visited February 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food & excellent prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stopped at Ralph's on our first family road trip on our way back to Florida from Virginia. The location was great, just off the interstate and there was plenty of parking. There were 10 of us and the wait was minimal. The service was southern and very polite and friendly.

There were several "specials" available and plenty of options on the menu. I ordered a combo and my husband ordered the fried chicken. The portions were huge and it seemed like my husband was given a whole chicken. The greens were probably some of the best greens I've ever had and the macaroni and cheese was delicious.

This was a great place to eat and I would definitely eat here again if ever in the area. The best part was when we were finished and the bill was less than $60, we could've spent just as much or more on unsatisfying fast food.

Worth the stop!!!!!