“Great burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Marion, Virginia
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Classic "hole in the wall" atmosphere, with very good burgers done up in the classic American style. Lots of locals while we were there, always a good sign.

Tip- ask about the Baggie full of water taped over the front door. Gave us a big chuckle!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Trinity, North Carolina, United States
“small place great burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

you could almost drive right pass this place but if you did you'd be missing a great burger prices are cheap food was wonderful and messy i liked it also the onion rings were great

Visited December 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We've lived in the High Point NC area for a couple of years, and have been on the hunt for a 'go to' burger joint. Today, we found it. I love a burger cooked on a smoking hot flat top - it imparts a wonderful crispy crust and moist, juicy interior. That's what they do at Nick's, and they do it well. The meat to toasted bun ratio was perfect. We saw them place the ground meat, in a formed ball, on the flat top, then mash (hey, I'm southern) the ball into a patty of perfect thickness. It draped outside the bun all the way around. Fries are a skinny version of crinkle cuts & were crispy and hot and plentiful.
It's not a fancy place, but that doesn't matter to us. What does matter is that the people there are very friendly & the service was quick even though everything was cooked to order. They're open M-Sat, 11-8 and accept credit/debit and also have a few other menu items like hot dogs, pork chop sandwiches, etc. So if you're anywhere close to Welcome, NC and are craving a delicious burger, head to Nick's. I was certainly glad we did.

Lexington, North Carolina
“Great burgers, staff ??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to Nicks for my first time last night. I seem to have a hard time getting there before their 8pm close time.
The burgers we had were great. Good flavor and size. The fries come with basically no salt. They do have some type of seasoning salt on the tables, but I couldn't get it to stay on.
Great burgers tho.
It was about 745pm when we got there and you could feel the "hurry up and get out" in the air. Even tho there were 3 other tables there eating it didn't seem to matter. We had a choice of one table when we went to sit down. All others had chairs on top of them. The young lady cleaning the dining area didn't let us slow her down at all, she even vacuumed (with the exhaust blowing on my food and myself) the entire room. No apology nor did we get even a "come back again" as we left.
I may return, but if so I'd call ahead so I don't have to deal with the bratty attitude and inappropriate cleaning habits.

Lexington, North Carolina
“Great burgers and frys!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I had double bacon cheeseburger and wife had reg cheeseburger and when I can't eat it all that's a big burger !!!

• Visited August 2013