“Restaurant with a big heart” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 39 restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: American
Lawrenceville, ga
“Restaurant with a big heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Sometimes a restaurant meal is more than a dining experience. Such was our experience at Stoney Knob Cafe. Last Saturday, I joined 24 family and friends for lunch proceeding the funeral of a beloved family member. When I made reservations, I had asked for a quiet place for us to gather explaining that we would be under a time constraint and would also need separate checks. The room where we gathered was cozy and away from the other diners. We immediately were able to mingle and get drinks. Our waitress, Kassi was friendly and completely on top of things. She took and delivered our orders with efficiency and managed to get us out the door in a timely manner. As if that wasn't enough, she handled an unexpected and extremely difficult crisis with grace and understanding. Many reviews here will highlight the food, and indeed, everyone loved the food. But what I will never forget is the kindness of this beautiful young woman who I believe is a reflection of this restaurant's philosophy.

• Visited February 2014

92% Recommend
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This unassuming little café, just off I-26 in Weaverville, NC is well worth the stop. The menu is varied, from fish tacos to blue plate specials, such as meatloaf. Our party ordered 3 different dishes so we could try several. However, one desert was all the 3 of us could finish, as it was rich & luscious. Do yourself a favor and make time for this splendid place to dine.

Visited December 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Excellent food, service, and decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I decided on a Sunday brunch with my girlfriend after reading reviews of this place online. I was very glad we decided on it. She had the crabs benny, which was eggs benedict with crab cakes instead of the traditional english muffin/ham. The crab cakes were very tasty and had excellent crab flavor.

I had the huevos rancheros and they were top notch as well. It was served on a bed of beans topped with a corn tortilla, spicy chorizo, and eggs. I was expecting the chroizo to be ground but it came out in small slices which was an excellent twist.

Parking was plentiful and it was easy access of I-26. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it did not quite fill me up!

Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Eccentric decor, Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a wonderful brunch we had at Stoney Knob Cafe. We typically stop at Well-Bread, but decided to stop here because friends had talked about the wonderful food. They weren't lying. I found the service to be excellent. Our waitress was attentive, but didn't hover. We were thoroughly impressed with the meals. The shrimp and grits were excellent. My husband got the special of the day, shrimp hash, and it was also tasty. We can't wait to stop here again.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stoney Knob is by far the best restaurant in Weaverville. Look past the odd building and the eccentric decor. The service and the food are fabulous. We have dined here for lunch and dinner numerous times and have never had a bad dish. We often take our young child and they are very kid-friendly. It can get busy during peak season, so make reservations if you can. It's a bit pricey, but no more than comparable restaurants downtown. Favorites are the scallops & pork belly and the puerco fantastico. Also has a Greek flair to the menu. They offer a wine list, full bar, and specialty cocktails as well. Looking forward to trying the brunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere