“Magnifico on Main Street” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Weaverville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
Raleigh
“Magnifico on Main Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here last night for the first time and it was quite satisfying. The pear/beet salad started us off in the right direction and then the garlic knots arrived. They were crusty, not soggy or doughy, and had just enough garlic to enhance but not overwhelm each warm tower of bread. The blending of ingredients in the entrees was creative and tasteful without venturing too far from Main Street. We'll be back soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Romantic and delicious menu options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had the graham cracker calamari, and the tomato sauce with it was delicious. The sea scallops are served over marmalade risotto-yummy. Our group also had a generous portion of fresh salmon and cannelloni. One couple had fresh flowers waiting on the table (it looked prearranged like they were celebrating a special occasion). A few locals were dining by themselves and they weren't rushed at all. The service was excellent along with the wine choices. The only reason I didn't give it a five was because t was very warm in the restaurant, something that can be easily changed. We can't wait to return!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Forget Asheville go to Weaverville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took my wife to the glass onion for her birthday on sunday nite and man was it delicious! I wanted to eat wverything on the menu because it all looked so good. finally I decided on the arugula salad with prosciutto and parm,, the prosciutto was out of this world I could've eaten a pound of it. She also had the arugula salad. For the main course I had the whole roasted fish special it was called lue de mar. I think that's how its spelled,anyway it was awesome. It came with jade rice=yum! and grapefruit salsa=yum yum yum! she had the salmon with red onion marmalade and quinoa veggie salad. I didn't try the salmon cause she ate it all without offering but the quinoa salad was the bomb!! We took dessert home with us cause we we're both stuffed. Cheesecake with strawberry sauce so good!! oh don't let me forget to mention the bread, which is toasted then tossed in olive oil and garlic so good I could've eaten ten pieces!
Prices are reasonable as well, definitely the place to go if you want real good food!

Tampa, Florida
“Great Evening once again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have been looking forward to getting back to Weaverville so that we could hit Glass Onion again! We have eaten there twice in the last week. The food and service are great, I have always had a great experience here. My husband had the scallops both times this visit, they are to die for. I love all the of the pasta dishes along with everything else on the menu. Each dish that comes out of the kitchen looks like it should be in a magazine . I am thrilled that they are open 7days a week now. Don't miss this wonderful restaurant , you will love it!

Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Best rolls EVER!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate at the Glass Onion while driving the BRPW. Weaverville is such a cute little all American town and the Glass Onion seemed to do it justice. We had reservations on a Saturday night and when we arrived our table was ready. They had their specials written on a chalk board outside the restaurant but our waitress was nice enough to go over all of them again (7-8 total). I really enjoyed the décor of this place. Gray walls trimmed with white and a white tin ceiling was beautiful. I loved all the mismatched antique tables and chairs that all seemed to work well together. A small bar at the front of the dining room was the perfect size for the room. The music was some low playing Frank Sinatra, Otis Redding, etc. The music kept turning off for some reason and I saw the hostess turn it back on several times. The restaurant was busy so I can understand the loud noise of the restaurant but I had a hard time hearing my BF talk throughout dinner. After going over the specials our waitress brought us a carafe of water and the bottle of white wine ($26) we ordered minus a wine bucket. Soon enough though the bartender noticed our lack of ice and he fixed the situation. Our waitress then brought out two dinner rolls with an amazing garlic sauce on them. One per person was not enough and when I explained to her how delicious they were she offered to bring out more which only a crazy person would say no to. One thing that really blew my mind was how fast our meals came out. From the time we walked into the door till we were served our entrée was 20 mins. I settled on the Veal special $22- several pieces of veal cooked perfectly with thick slices of pancetta sitting atop sautéed spinach covered in a rich sauce. My BF ordered the half roasted Duck $24 that came with risotto. Both of us were pleased with our meals and had no room for dessert. That said I should point out that the main entrees here at the Glass Onion do not come with a salad. All and all a good dining experience.

• Visited June 2013