“The worst restaurant experience I have ever had.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 39 restaurants in Weaverville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: "This is a friendly pub type atmosphere. They are owned by Jack of the Wood in Asheville, NC".
“The worst restaurant experience I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 8 arrived hoping for a positive dining experience. What we got in return was an hour and 1/2 wait and no food in sight. When we questioned the waitress, she became belligerent, combative, and rude. She had an excuse for everything, and treated us like we had done something wrong. This behavior continued to the point that we needed to get up and leave and go further down Main Street seeking food. What a sad commentary on what is offered in Weaverville.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Houston, Texas, United States
“A very on night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a lovely meal at the Jack of Hearts while passing through Weaverville. We asked for a table with an electric outlet for my poor dead phone and were immediately accommodated. Service from Nick was FAST and friendly. I had the soft shell crab special for $15 and my wife had the fish and chips, both excellent. They have an extended menu of local microbrews; Nick immediately advised they had a special for $3 for a pint (the snotty dog or some such thing) and it was very tasty. The live music was pleasant without being overwhelming and the ambiance was also very pleasant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A very off night...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have eaten at J of H's three times now. The first two meals were good (not great). However, the last time was a disaster. First, it took an hour for our food to show up, even though it was not crowded. Second, they brought one member of our party the wrong entree (and by that time it was too late to correct the order and they ate it anyway). Third, the band never showed up. In all fairness, the wait staff were very apologetic about the poor service and did not charge us for the wrong meal.

It is a local watering hole, and I really want to like it. But they need to get their act together. The good news is that Jack of Hearts does have an excellent beer selection. The bad news is that they serve it British style -- too close to room temperature for my taste.

To end on a positive note...the hummus was excellent. (I will give them another couple of trys and modify my review accordingly.

Visited May 2013
mass
“Always Good food, and entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We always have to stop in for dinner and music when visiting. This time we got humus (******) Great, my wife got the best veggie burger she has ever had. We had 3 different people waiting on us, and they were all great! The entertainment was very good, so we stayed longer and had a few more drinks. We have eaten here each of the last 3 visits, and it is always great food

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“My first bad review at a place I used to really like...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came here with high hopes thinking that this place would have been as good as my last visit. First off, this place was a kind of a bridge to Asheville. The atmosphere and the food was what drew me. It used to have pretty good food. Anyway, ordered a Shrimp Po' Boy for around $12. It really wasn't done right, the bread was a bit soggy and the shrimp had a flavorless batter. I was asked if I wanted a side so I ordered Spring Greens and macaroni salad at $4 each. The macaroni wasn't even as good as what you get at Ingles and the serving was inside a glorified sauce ramekin, and the spring greens was a s sparse handful of greens just tossed in oil and a bit of lemon. The lamb sausage was delicious, however, for $14 you expect more than just one link. I really never complain about price when it's worth it. A meal at Salsa's is worth it. The $5 dog at the Vault is worth 3 times it's price. I doubt I will be returning until I see their ratings improve on Tripadvisor but I'm not gambling again.

• Visited April 2013