“Who knew?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wow, what a hidden gem!! In the little, and mostly unknown town of Weaverville, NC, there is some of the best Italian food in the US! We didn't have the pizza, but it smelled delicious. We each had a different pasta dish and both of us were incredibly impressed!! The prices are good and the food was clearly made fresh. We both thought it was undeniably some of the best Italian food we've ever had.

Visited August 2014

Asheville
“A Comfortable Place for a Pizza and a Beer.... With Entertainment !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

One night recently, my wife and I went for a early evening drive. With no perticular place in mind, I drove up to Weaverville from downtown Asheville. It's a short drive, maybe 15 minutes or so, and going up Merrimon, after the rain, you could smell all the flowers and such. It was wonderful. We had not had dinner yet and Abby asked me if I wanted to stop and get a frozen custard. I said I had something else in mind. We drove up to Blue Mountain Pizza and found the front porch covered with diners and people waiting for tables. Not one to be deterred by a wait, I put our names on the list with the hostess and patiently waited for what I was sure was going to be a delightful experience. In a very short time, we were seated by the front window by a stained glass sign. We had a terrific server, Erin. We ordered our drinks, a salad and the Cow Tipper pizza. This pizza was a unique blend of flavors. The Parmesan crust, olive oil, roasted garlic, fresh mushrooms, red peppers, carmelized onions, steak tips and balsamic glaze. It was so interesting ! We also had just arrived in time for the free live entertainment for the evening. We were so impressed with Erin, the food and the guitar player that we will be back this week. Can't wait !

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“First Time Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We came to BMP on Sunday evening for Tracy's birthday. There were 5 of us in the party. We each had something different from the menu. I had the chicken carbonara in mushroom sauce. It was delicious. Tracy had the portabello mushroom salad. We had reeses cheesecake for dessert.

I will eat here again....

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

with a wonderful atmosphere, their own beer and ice cream when it is good it is very good, However the most consistent thing about this eatery is that it is inconsistent and not cheap.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Pizza and Service in WNC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great pizza (we got the Parrot Head and bread sticks), atmosphere, and service. I'm not a beer drinker, so I can't comment on that, but the food was excellent, the staff was friendly and when I told our waitress it was my friend's birthday, she didn't bring out a slice of cake, she brought out a GIFT; a bamboo salad bowl, new with tags. My friend was thrilled. We had four kids with us who loved the pizza and bread sticks, too. My daughter got the Jamaican Jerk Wrap, it was to die for! 5 stars.

• Visited June 2014