“BLACK MOLD” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Asheville, North Carolina
“BLACK MOLD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for a romantic getaway away from the kids. We booked on choice hotels site. The night clerk was good. But our room. toilet over flowed from the top. not working properly. The patio door was open. not functioning. we were moved. The second room seemed fine til the AM. started the shower. the non slip bathmat was floating on the water. i pulled it back. BLACK MOLD EVERYWHERE!!! We didn't shower cause your feet soak up everything and it can make you very sick. we took pictures and will be sharing them with the Haywood Co. Health Dept.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Really wish I could've rated my stay better, but upon checking out, I was charged my pet stay on my credit card after paying cash the night I checked in. Yeh, why cash?. Dumb me. but the clerk asked and I said sure I have cash...the room was already charged on my credit card. Oddly, she kept repeating this over and over...that my room was already paid for...there was another guest waiting to check in also...hearng all this..

Anyway, I asked for something I can use as evidence that i paid cash, sooooo...after a few options, she pullled out my check in document and had me sign it. with a special note...which I did..

Here is the show stopper, after checking in..we went out to dinner and upon our return, Miss wise front desk clerk, came to our room door and said she gave me the wrong check-in document to sign (Hmmm..seems she gave this some thought)...so in front of our hotlel room door, she had me sign another check in document"..of course trusting me did not double check...she even allowed me to use her back to place the document so I can sign it....

Anyway, after our two night stay, the morning of checking out, I encountered this disrepancy on my final bill. Pet fee charged on my Credit card. So I explained to the "different" front desk clerk of the situation, more than once. She even saw the first check inn document that I had signed but my signature was "SCRATCHED" off. I asked her where is the other one I signed? She could not find it. No where to be found. So, in her effort to believe the customer, she returned to me the pet fee in cash...

We travel around oftern, and always used our credit card to pay the hotel bill, This was an anomalie, where we simply pulled out the cash for the pet fee because the front desk clerk causually said it would be easier if it was cash...Oh, did I mentioned she said it was her first day at the job?....

This dishonesty left a terrible after taste to our weekend gertaway at this hotel. Hence the rating we gave. We will never use them again...and we are Choice Hotels Rewards members.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is now a Rodeway Inn. We arrived after dark but it appeared that they were working on repairs. It is very apparent that this is an old hotel but the room was clean and maintained. Worn towels in the bath but no other problems. Beds were soft, which I prefer. Overall, a decent place to stay and I would stay again. Price was a little high for this kind of hotel but it was peak fall season so all hotel prices are high in the area right now. Don't overlook the entrance, a little tricky at night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Farmville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here 1 night. I had hoped to stay in Maggie Valley however waited too late to make reservations. Turns out that Waynesville and Maggie Valley are very close in proximity and was able to make a 1 night reservation for a Friday night in October. Upon arrival this place looked a little spooky however once you get past the winding drive and the "make do" sign change, the motel was extremely clean and fresh. The bathroom was very clean. Linens were very soft and the mattress quite adequate. The view was seriously awesome. I appreciated the cleanliness and the place seemed safe. Don't expect to eat here just sleep here. This is a great passing thru stopping for the night place.

Room Tip: We had room 307 but only had to walk two small flights of steps
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We found this motel on the Garmin and selected it because we could earn points on their Wyndham travel card for Days Inn. Upon registering, I gave the clerk my credit card, drivers license and Wyndham Rewards card. She took the first two, but left the Wyndham card on the counter. I reminded her to add the points to my account # on the card, and she told me that she could not assign me points because “we really are not a Days Inn, we are between names right now, but if you call the manger back in three days, he can give you points on a Choice Hotels card”. I thought that was odd, because there are several huge Days Inn signs on the drive on the way up the mountain to the Days Inn, and everything in the lobby for check-in had the Days Inn logo on it. I mean, why would you say you were not a Days Inn when you are sporting that logo on everything? I asked about the signs that quite obviously read “Days Inn”, and she replied again “we are not really a Days Inn, and you cannot even find us as Days Inn listed on the internet”. So, by this time, I had signed my credit card receipt for my room, and noticed that the receipt had a Days Inn logo on it about the size of the palm of my hand, and asked again, “If you are not a Days Inn, why is the logo on my receipt that I just signed?” At that point, she told me that she was going to give me a refund, and I could stay somewhere else. I eagerly agreed with her that was the best thing to do. She asked for my credit card again to “process your refund”, so I gave it back to her. When I pulled out my reading glasses to read the refund receipt before signing it, I noticed that there was NO notation of a refund; instead, what I saw was yet another charge for my room, so she was trying to charge me TWICE for a room that she was not intending to rent to me. I called that to her attention, and she quickly developed a bad attitude and was hateful, but she did process my full refund for the two room charges. I told her that I would call and talk with a manager about tonight, and she quickly told me “Go right ahead.” I travel around the world frequently and have never been told that my money was not wanted as a motel or hotel patron, rather, my business has always been highly solicited. I suspected that something was strange and fishy. So, when we checked in to the Best Western (2.6 miles away, and much better motel), I pulled out my Ipad and checked for reviews on the Days Inn, Waynesboro, NC. The reviews for this motel are not highly rated, with many more incredibly poor reviews than the occasional unsatisfied customer. Upon further looking on the internet, I also found that someone was disgruntled enough to make a video of the poorly kept grounds and exterior of the motel and posted it on YouTube. The clerk, who was not wearing a nametag, but was female, with black hair and brown eyes, was probably the subject of several other posts who mentioned that the front desk clerk was “unfriendly” and other like adjectives. I also found out, through another post, that the female desk clerk is related to the manager, so that is why she was probably most comfortable with me calling the manager. And when I saw how hostile the manger treated other guests when they complained, as documented in other posts that reviewed this motel, I knew my efforts there would be wasted. So, today I called Days Inn Corporate and filed a formal complaint. I would encourage all other guests who are not satisfied to do the same thing. I also found out from corporate that this location truly is, as of our phone call today, a Days Inn, verifying that the desk clerk lied to me about their status/name. I would not encourage anyone to waste their money there, as there are plenty of other motels in the area who have friendly staff who know how to work with the public and show courtesy to

Room Tip: Find a different motel. It has poor management and exceptionally poor customer service and relations...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have read the other reviews and am quite surprised. I stay here 3 times a year, and the rooms have been clean and I have slept great.

The Pro's-
1) I have only stayed in the king rooms, but the mattresses are of the quality of a luxury hotel. This is probably the most important factor for me choosing a motel so this is a big plus for me.

2) I have never been to a hotel or motel anywhere with a quicker check-in system. I have often time showed up after midnight and I really appreciate this.

3) The views out the windows are amazing.

The con-

The breakfast is pretty basic and below average. However my experience is breakfasts at this price level are average at best so take your savings and by breakfast at Waffle House!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

after previous not really good experience with Days Inn in Athens I wasn't expecting too much but they surprised me again. from first look the room looked ok but later we found out that some wall plugs weren't working, aswell as one light and fridge. the lock was broken, one drawer was missing and chairs were dirty, aswell as the top blankets. don't mention that the water in pool was green. maybe we just didn't have a luck with the room but I'm not pretty sure about that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!