“The Perfect Mountain Resort” 5 of 5 stars

The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   176 Country Club Drive, Waynesville, NC 28786   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Atlanta
“The Perfect Mountain Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

The Golf Travel Expert has just experiened one of the best mountain resorts anywhere. I just had a nice weekday stay with this historic property. I had never heard about it before but it’s a great place for a little getaway in the mountains. We were very pleased with the room rates and were impressed with the food. They have a bar & grill as well as a nice steakhouse. We dined in both and enjoyed the natural steaks they have in the Cork & Cleaver Steakhouse. I was able to play a round of golf and the course was friendly and fun. We also hiked and the Blue Ridge Parkway was only 10 minutes from the hotel which was nice. The staff were very friendly and the overall setting of the property was nice in a residential neighborhood with beautiful mountain views. I could only imagine what its like in the fall when the leaves change.”

You should make time now to book a visit this fall to this wonderful gem in western North Carolina
www.thewaynesvilleinn.com

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Thank you so much for such a great review! I am glad you heard about us and were able to enjoy some time in Waynesville ... We have been working very hard to spread the word about our resort and all the things we offer. I will pass along your compliments to the culinary team as well as the golf staff. And you're right, leaf season is amazing! We are really looking forward to the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the review and I look forward to having you as a guest once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Our purpose was to get away to relax for a weekend but the room (resort no less) was totally unacceptable. It smelled terribly, floors were dirty, sink and counter had not been cleaned-had soap spots on it, my shoes stuck to bathroom floor. There was only one small mirror in the entire room. The TV was separate from the sleeping area so you could not lie in bed and enjoy TV. The sheets are very thin and the towels are worse. I went to Walmart and bought lysol and sprayed down the room before staying in it. NOT a great place to be!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
I am truly disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your time with us and found your accommodations less than satisfactory. The experience you described is far from what our valued guests have become accustomed to enjoying and falls well below our own expectations and standards. I will work with our Housekeeping staff to address the issues you have noted and I hope you will consider a return visit to Waynesville. Please contact me directly so I can gather more information and ensure that this does not happen again.
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I love this resort, the view, golf, comfortable rooms and a fantastic restaurant, Cork & Cleaver!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! Your enthusiasm for our Inn is sure to excite the entire staff. I hope we can have you as our guest again soon, so you can experience all of the things you already enjoy. And maybe you can make time for a massage appointment in our Balsam Spa Suite during your next visit!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Golfview delxue suites which were set on the 7th hole of the Carolina course. Our room was on the bottom floor and we had an awesome walk-out patio that had great views of the golf course and mountains- perfect for after-dinner cigars. The room also had a small fridge and a nice tv. The buildings are a little dated, but somehow it doesn't deter from the charm of the place. If the bedspreads were swapped out for newer versions, the room would have looked much more up-to-date.
We were pleasantly surprised by dinner at the Cork and Cleaver- local trout, Niman ranch meats at a very reasonable price- what a treat! Golf was wonderful- they have 3-9 hole courses and your golf package allows you to play as much as you want. My only complaint is the breakfast that was included with our package- there are servers there to tend to you, but both mornings we either came at a really busy time or the breakfast sevice is just spotty. We had no qualms about helping ourselves to coffee from the stations. The food was great! Would absolutely return for another visit!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2010
Wow! It really sounds like you were able to experience almost everything we have to offer. Thanks so much for your review - I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves during your stay. I hope we can improve on the breakfast experience the next time you visit Waynesville. I will certainly pass along your feedback so we can improve everyone's experience with us.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

The August weather in Waynesville was great, and perfect for outside activities like golf, swimming or just hanging out. The hotel was beautiful with all the flowers blooming everywhere. The pool was a great retreat after a long meeting. The free breakfast was out of this world. I enjoyed my stay and so did my collegues.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2010
It's great to hear everything went smoothly with your meeting here. We've been working hard to upgrade things like our propertywide wireless network, so business travelers like yourself remain productive while staying with us. I can't take credit for the weather, but I will make sure to pass along your kind words about the groundskeeping and the breakfast! I hope we can have you back again soon.
Boiling Springs, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We visited for a two night stay at the Inn. Great service Breakfast was excellent Our view was worth the trip Thanks for a great experience

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the complimentary breakfast. By moving service to the Cork & Cleaver - a much larger space - we've been able to increase the size and variety of the buffet that our guests have loved so much over the years. We feel like offering such a spread sets our property apart from so many other hotels that offer only a continental option. By the way, Boiling Springs isn't that far away, so come visit again as soon as you can!
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Waynesville Inn and Resort is a gorgeous setting for a large wedding celebration. Even in the hottest part of the summer the evenings are cool. The event planners made everything easy and the waitstaff were just wonderful. Every single food station recieved rave reviews from our guests and families. Crab, lamb, tenderloin, pasta station.. everything was perfect. As the mother of the groom I had the yips about every problem imaginable. No problems arose whatsoever! The tented space off the terrace let us enjoy the wonderful mountain views as we danced the night away.

• Stayed July 2010
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
I'm so glad we were able to make the wedding celebration so special! The views from our pavilion area and the adjacent historic lodge balconies really are unbeatable. We also have some very special folks in catering and events that take so many of the worries away from planning such an affair. I will pass along your kind words to the entire staff. Once again, congratulations to the newlyweds!

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!