We booked through TravelZoo, and I scanned through the reviews. So, I guess, was looking for just an okay experience. However, for my wife and I, got to say this was a great stay. First of all, Waynesville is a bit off the beaten path as far as enjoying the Smokies. Not so crowded, and not so touristy. Just a quaint little town. We drove over to Cataloochee to see the elk and enjoy the national park- what a treasure, again uncrowded, so nice and relaxing. It's a golf-themed inn, and I do not play golf. But enjoyed the cameraderie and good times of the golfers, who were always polite and friendly. Our room opened up to the golf course. It was so pretty and peaceful to see in early mornings and evenings. The room itself was huge and clean. Beds comfortable, bathroom clean. And the breakfast- it was great, with omelettes made-to-order, and all the other trimmings including fresh fruit and pastries. Finally, the young man at the desk was friendly and attentive. He was new to the area, and so could not offer a lot of advice for local things to do. That's fine, because he really did take enough time to converse and try to be helpful, and even printed out driving directions for us. So my wife and I like this place, and would like to return.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.