In late October we got a Social Living Deal and visited The Waynesville Inn and really enjoyed our room and the food. There was another deal on line, and so we bought it and decided to go again for our Anniversary in February. This time our review is not as good. This time we were put in the main lodge and the room was a bit quirkly.....it was two rooms with a connecting bath between them. One room had two chairs and a TV and a large closet. As mentioned in other reviews it was clean but old, old, old. And when at 1:00 am on Sunday, the smoke alarm when off, that wasn't good. We called the desk and they suggested we take the battery out. Now the celings are high and I am short, so it was a good thing that my husband was able to stand on the bed (not entiely safe) and take the battery out. We did take the battery out of the alarm clock and try using it, but it was dead too! (but at least the noise stopped) Breakfast in October was to die for....breakfast in February, not so much. In fact, we passed on Sunday morning breakfast and went into Asheville for a brunch. The manager did take the taxes off our bill as a way of apology for the smoke alarm thing and dinner Saturday night in the bar was good. So if you are going pick your time carefully and ask not to be put in the main lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel