As reported in previous reviews, the grounds and exterior are gorgeous, but the rooms and interior of the inn itself is anything but attractive. The place was clean, but carpets are showing signs of wear and beds have craters in them. We did not have the room serviced while we were there, so no review of that. We also did not take advantage of the Balsam Spa. It may have been nice, but my wife and I chuckled when we saw the building that looked like the grounds keeper's house for the spa.
We received tickets for complimentary breakfast buffet that was pretty good (normally around $12/person). Scrambled eggs (real eggs), hash browns (under-cooked), biscuits, gravy, and grits were in a buffet-style setup. It was unfortunate that the Cork and Cleaver was not open during our stay. They actually have a decent restaurant review. There was nothing that indicated that the restaurant was closed. The alternative "Tap Room" was what you might expect at any bar. The staff was nice and friendly. Historic Waynesville and nearby Asheville was a treat.
Other than updating the interior, I would suggest to the owners that some finishing touches would make a world of difference (eg. fresh flowers for the room, some better toiletries, key card entry system, etc.).
I would return if the place was renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel