“Great spot for a getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   176 Country Club Drive, Waynesville, NC 28786   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Waynesville
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great spot for a getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Located at the western end of the little town of Waynesville, NC; the inn is in a beautiful spot. We were given a fairway view room which was huge. The view was of a fairway for sure but the fall foliage on the sides of the fairway and the beautiful mountain view at the end of the golf course was the real story. The golf course is an interesting layout and well maintained. Buffet breakfast in the Cork and Cleaver was great.

• Stayed October 2012
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your time in posting a review. I appreciate your kind words and am happy to hear your enjoyed your recent stay, especially the view and the breakfast. I hope we can have you as a guest again soon!

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boiling Springs, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Inn during a recent mountatin trip. Room was clean and comfortable. Our package included breakfast which is a treat in itself. Omlettes are made to order. Extensive variety of breakfast foods are provided. We had dinner at the Cork & Cleaver, on-site dining, and enjoyed the food and service. We will return

Room Tip: We enjoy the Mountain View rooms near the golf course. Great views of the mountains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I appreciate your time in sharing your Waynesville experience with the TripAdvisor community. Indeed, we do include hot breakfast with each stay, and it has been a staple of the Inn for many years. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I hope you will be able to return soon. Safe travels!
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We used a Groupon for a two night stay at this resort. It is in a beautiful area with beautiful scenery. Our room was more than adequate for the 2 of us. Yes, it is an older place and the rooms are a little dated, but it was clean and that's what matters to us. We had good nights sleep. The restaurants on premises are very nice with good food. The breakfast was outstanding! The staff was, for the most part, very pleasant and helpful. This is a perfect place to stay at night while touring the area during the day. We had a wonderful time in the area and we feel that we received a great value for what we paid. We are kind of choosy when we are looking for a place to stay and we would return to this place. We would recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: We did not stay in the main hotel but an exterior building and it was beautiful and quiet. We asked...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Inn! I am happy to hear you would consider returning in the future, and I am even more excited that you found the staff to be so pleasant and helpful. I will extend your compliments to Housekeeping for the cleanliness of your room, and to the culinary team for the food quality as well. Thanks again!!
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We decided to stay here for our 27th wedding anniversary. Many positives about our stay, however, the accomodations for people who want to bring their pets were a little bit of a disappointment. It was comparable to motel 6. We travel quite a bit with our jack russell and this was the first time that we felt like second class citizens for being a pet family. The beds, furniture, and bathroom were definitely no frills. It did have a nice place for walking our dog and a good place to water the dog with avaliable clean up bags. I do realize that some people do not clean up, or take care of their dogs like they should but those of us who do......should be treated better. Balsam spa was the highlight of our trip and I would recommend Amanda for a massage. She was the best!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your time in sharing your thoughts on the Inn. I understand that it can be frustrating to not have options, but I do hope you can take some solace in Fairway being home to some of our most longstanding customers as well. Thank you for the compliments to the staff - I will certainly let Amanda in the spa know how much your enjoyed her services. Thanks again for your review. I hope you can join us again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived checked in, ok. Got to room, was very outdated but mostly clean. Got ready for bed and noted room was warm after showers and wife drying hair. I adjusted the thermostat and room got no cooler. We went to bed and realized we had the worst mattress we ever slept on. We both tossed and turned for two hours and every time one of us moved the whole bed shook. I called front desk to ask about moving and woke front desk person up. She spent 15 minutes checking computer and couldn't find anywhere to move us even hotel couldn't have been half full. I told her to check and call back and she did 10 minutes later when she realized she might have a queen room available. This hotel still uses actual keys and they said earlier they had sent someone into an occupied room because "they weren't sure which rooms were occupied"!!! I went and checked this room which was tiny but bed was a little better, by now it was 4 am and no sleep at all! We moved and finally slept til around 9 when staff started using leaf blower outside our window. We got up got dressed and I went down to talk to front desk staff who basically defended night staff and offered no apologies at all. He actually said the mattress in previous room was new, I swear it looked like something Salvation Army would reject. If you sat near edge box springs and mattress sank to at least half their thickness. I told him we thought we were just going to leave even though we had s package for two nights. He just said ok, offered no apologies, and said I owed them tax for the two nights. I had prepaid for package using a groupon. I didn't even argue just wanted the hell out! This could be a nice place if they had decent bedding or staff who cared at all about customers. We asked for manager and were informed there wasn't one there but when my wife asked for general manager info we did get a name and were informed he was new and they were going through a management change. I sure hope it works! Just stay away!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
I apologize that your experience fell well below both your expectations and our own standards. I am sorry that you initially left the Inn unhappy, but I am glad that we were able to later learn more about your stay and make efforts to make amends for the shortcomings you endured. Thank you for your initial support, and for taking the time to share a review with the TripAdvisor community. It is, after all, what allows this site to remain a valuable tool for travelers all over the globe. Safe travels!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I used a Groupon to book a two-night stay here, half off. All I needed was a good, quiet place to rest after all-day mountain hiking. It served wonderfully.

The on-site restaurants are probably the best in town. Also, the view from the room was great. I could see a nearby mountain behind the vast greens of a well-maintained golf course.

The location is what makes this spot so useful, though. All the best hikes in the Smoky Mountains are just about an hour away. It makes for a great centralized HQ for hikers who prefer to stay rugged by day and sleep like royalty at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kinds words. I am happy that we made for a great base camp for your hiking adventures in the mountains, and I am ecstatic that you hold our restaurants in such high regard. I will make sure to share your review with the staff. I hope we will be able to serve you on your next excursion into the Smokies as well. Safe travels!
Lilburn, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I purchased this two night stay at the Waynesville Inn thru Half Off Depot last November. When we arrived everyone was friendly, our room had been upgraded and we had a good first impression. When we arrived at the room, which was spacious and had a view of the golf course and beautiful mountains as a backdrop we were satisfied. We did experience a problem with the A/C seeming to be laboring and it was a bit humid in the room, so my husband called for maintenance to come as he looked at the filter and it was black. Someone arrived right away changed it and took care of the problem with an apology. The breakfast buffet was great! Yes, the rooms could use a bit of a facelift, but we liked it just fine and would love to return as we had lots of perks and were made to feel very comfortable! Beautiful area!!!

Room Tip: We stay in the Golfview rooms which are suppose to be their best. Quiet and away from everything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay enough to recommend our property to the TripAdvisor community! I apologize for the issue with the A/C early on in your stay, but appreciate you notifying us and allowing a staff member to correct the problem. I will pass your compliments along to the remainder of the staff, and I look forward to your next trip to Waynesville!

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!