“Great little getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Waynesville
Lilburn, GA
“Great little getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I purchased this two night stay at the Waynesville Inn thru Half Off Depot last November. When we arrived everyone was friendly, our room had been upgraded and we had a good first impression. When we arrived at the room, which was spacious and had a view of the golf course and beautiful mountains as a backdrop we were satisfied. We did experience a problem with the A/C seeming to be laboring and it was a bit humid in the room, so my husband called for maintenance to come as he looked at the filter and it was black. Someone arrived right away changed it and took care of the problem with an apology. The breakfast buffet was great! Yes, the rooms could use a bit of a facelift, but we liked it just fine and would love to return as we had lots of perks and were made to feel very comfortable! Beautiful area!!!

Room Tip: We stay in the Golfview rooms which are suppose to be their best. Quiet and away from everything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay enough to recommend our property to the TripAdvisor community! I apologize for the issue with the A/C early on in your stay, but appreciate you notifying us and allowing a staff member to correct the problem. I will pass your compliments along to the remainder of the staff, and I look forward to your next trip to Waynesville!

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We bought the Groupon thinking it would be a good deal. Unfortunately, our room was in the "historic" main building. The furnishing, carpet and bedding were very old. There were ants on the floor, the air conditioning was broken and our only view was the golf carts parked in front of the shop and the roof. We were told no other rooms were available (We did not have a dog with us so that could not explain our room.)There as no fridge nor a microwave in our room. The Cork and Cleaver was closed so we couldn't enjoy the nice meal we anticipated. We ate at the Tap Room. Our reserver was very nice but there were bugs in the restaurant too. Breakfast was included with the Groupon and it was a generous buffett with an omlette bar. One had to wait about 20 minutes for the omlette or fresh eggs otherwise it was fine. The buffett was exactly the same both mornings. I understand a new General Manager started last month. Lets hope he is given authority to make necessary changes.

Room Tip: Avoid the historic rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking some time to post a review of our property. I certainly apologize for your experience at the Inn and can empathize with your frustrations, especially considering the things you have cited. Again, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your time with us, and invite you to contact me directly if you would like to share more details about your visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights last week using a fantastic deal we purchased on Groupon for $99. When we checked in the first room in the main lodge seemed a little too dark for my wife so Chad at the front desk allowed us to move to a different room in the golfview building which was newer and brighter. The A/C needed to be repaired as it just did not produce much cool air but the nights were comforable without the A/C. We had dinner the first night sitting outside over;ooking the golf course at their Cork and Clever which was a nice meal but a bit over priced in our opinion. My filet was very good but my wife's peppercorn crusted strip steak was just a bad cut of meat to begin with so Bobby Flay could not have saved it in her opinion.

Breakfast is a buffet with cooked to order omelets and was a very nice spread for the $12.50 (even though our breakfast was included as a part of the Groupon deal). Breakfast is served until 10am which was nice. We had lunch the first day after our arrival at the Tap Room which is set up like a sports bar. I had a nice rueben sandwich and my wife had a salad. The staff was extra friendly and the food, while not spectatular, certainly was as agood as any typical sports bar here in Charlotte where we live.

I played all three of their 9-hole golf courses over the two days with the Blue Ridge offering the best mountain views follwed by the Dogwood and then the Carolina course. Skip the Carolina if you only have time for one round.

My wife used the Balsam Spa which was right beside our room and had a hot stone massage which she very much enjoyed. She said it was a very good "value for money".

On the areas for improvement, the property is a more than a little dated and can be greatly improved with a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet. We had more than a few big spider webs on the ceiling in our room that seemed to have been for there for a long time.

I am sure it will be an excellent place to stay in a month when the leaves are in the their full fall glory. Very nice people, a resort with "good bones", but more than a little tired and need of some TLC by the owners.

Room Tip: The golf view rooms are the newest and "brighter" than the main lodge
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks so much for your time in posting a review of the Inn. I am glad we were able to help you get away for a couple of nights and I appreciate the detail you have provided about your experience. I will make sure to circulate your review among the staff so we can get to work on the things you have highlighted for improvement. Thanks again for you review!
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our second stay here in the past two months so obviously we enjoyed it. This Inn is located in the mountains in the northwestern corner of North Carolina. The views are spectacular and Waynesville is a typical tourist town with lots of shopping in small locally owned shops and excellent restaurants. There are three buildings so be sure and ask for the new building which looks to be about 10 years old and is a bit tired but is very clean and the view out the back patio, or deck if you're on the 2nd floor, looks over the golf course and in the background, the mountains. The stay includes an excellent breakfast buffet featuring omelettes cooked to order. The only downside is the spa isn't open on Sunday so no massage.Staff is very friendly and helpful. Our package also included a $50.00 gift card which we used in the restaurant. Dinner quality and service was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It is very exciting to hear that you have been with us a couple of times recently and enjoyed your time enough to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. I apologize for you not being able to have a massage in the Balsam Spa ... Indeed, the Spa currently closes mid-afternoon on Sunday and is closed each Monday. I will pass along your compliments to the staff and share your ideas for improvement with the management team as well. Thanks again for the continued support!
Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were delighted to learn that dogs were allowed UNTIL we got in the room. Dogs are allowed only in one section of the Inn - obviously the oldest section. There was no refrigerator, no microwave, dead bugs on the floors, awful beds with mattresses which were too soft and falling apart, nasty pillows, worn out sheets, dirty carpet, and the smallest TV I've seen in years. Actually, the only nice things I can say about the room -- a nice view of the golf course, fairly clean bathroom and very nice staff everywhere at the Inn. The people who paid half what we did with their Groupon deals had very nice rooms. The food in the Tap Room bar restaurant was very good. We did not eat in the main restaurant -- prices were high (probably to make up for the $50 credit the Groupon holders had). Loved all the golf courses-beautiful views.

Room Tip: Don't bring a dog.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay and found your accommodations less than satisfactory. As you noted, pets are permitted only in the Fairway building, which is one of the older buildings on property. While it is older, the condition of the room you have described is far from what we consider acceptable. I will review your comments regarding cleanliness with our housekeeping staff to make sure we are more consistent. I do appreciate your compliments regarding our employees, and I will remember to highlight those as well. Thanks you so much for taking a few moments to post a review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The cool mountain temperatures made our stay a welcome get away to beat the August heat. Overall, the hotel is okay - we stayed in the golf view rooms - which has a balcony looking over one of the greens on the golf course. The bathroom was small but adequate except for the first evening when our building had VERY limited hot water. Never found out the problem but it wasn't repeated. My biggest complaint is the beds are VERY hard. The decor is dated, but it wasn't an issue for me.
We were with a large group and I thought they were very friendly and helpful to us.
The food was good and they worked trying to please everyone.

• Stayed August 2012
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your time in posting a review of the Inn. I appreciate your recognition of our hard work and also for the things you have suggested we improve upon. I recall the issue with hot water in your building - a failing pump had to be replaced and has not been an issue since - but I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Thanks again for your kind words and your business. I hope we can have you back soon!
Paoli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The resort was very well kept. We had free breakfast buffet each morning of our stay. I had purchased the stay from Groupon and wasn't sure what to expect. We also got a $50. gift card with the purchase which had to used at the resort. Enough to purchase our supper the last night we were there. The staff was all very courteous and kept the place very clean. Especially nice if you're a golfer, which we are not.

Room Tip: I rated the fitness center poor because they had very little equipment in it. Treadmill, Exercycle...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and were able to experience so much of what we have to offer. Thank you for the compliments regarding the cleanliness of the property and the courteous nature of our staff. I apologize if you were underwhelmed by the fitness equipment available for guest use. Indeed, we do not possess a sprawling fitness center, only a small area for guests to get in a quick workout. For this reason, we do term the area as a fitness room, not a fitness center, as to not mislead our guests. Nevertheless, thanks again for your review and I hope you will be able to join us again soon. Safe travels!

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!