We were looking to escape for couple of days when the Groupon for the Waynesville Inn popped up. We noticed the “historic room” and that is what we got. The Inn has a modern appearance that somewhat hides the older parts built in the 1920s. The hallway to our room was narrow with about 7 foot ceilings. The room reminded us of a rustic lodge room with dark brown trim and furniture with branch type legs and headboard.
The room met out requirements of being clean with comfortable, if simple, furniture. The King sized bed was firm but comfortable. The room was divided into a sleeping and sitting area with the bathroom between. The bathroom was clean and more modern but not fancy. We were in room 256 which overlooked an immaculate golf course...made me want to start playing golf. We had a small balcony to sit on and enjoy the view of the course with the mountains in the background. The staff was pleasant and responded quickly to a problem with the A/C.
My wife and I spend very little time in our rooms when traveling so the room was more than adequate for our needs. If you spend a lot of time in the room, I can see where you might be somewhat disappointed. The TV was about 26 inches with many cable channels.. The free internet connection gave us fast service. There was a coffeemaker and small refrigerator in the room.
The breakfast that came with the Groupon was a buffet style with the omelets and eggs
being cooked on demand. The food and service were good.
Waynesville is a small town surrounded by mountains with a number of galleries and shops in an attractive downtown. There are other small towns worth exploring nearby and Asheville is about 30 miles away.
We enjoyed our stay at the Inn and would return on a similar deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel