We stayed this weekend. We were on a coupon, but expected better than we had. We stayed in the main lodge. The room smelled so badly, fan running when we arrived in our room. We turned the fan off, opened the windows (35 degrees outdoors - freezing better than stinky). The rooms are very old, paint chipped and cheap shower curtain. Room seemed to be clean, but carpet so old not sure how clean. We found clothes in our closet and promptly took them to the front desk. We did ask for an upgrade to the room when we first checked in - this is the best they had to offer. We are very disappointed, we could have stayed at a chain hotel where the rooms are guaranteed for the same amount with a lot more satisfaction!
Cork and Cleaver Steakhouse left a lot to be desired. We are not snobby eaters, but only one review truly reflected the reality of this steakhouse. We made reservations in November, but called day of arrival to change reservation time - they never mentioned that they were on a limited menu with only one steak option! Three options for a meal, two were not steak! The steak was not quality, it was worse than a grocery store steak.
Review responses from the management mention "rustic" these rooms are not "rustic" they are old and in desperate need of updating! I understand "bait and switches" feelings - we saw very nice rooms on line, but were given a very old, poor room instead.
Too bad - I like the location and the staff were all friendly!
Please renovate all of the rooms, bring them up to the 21st century!
We will not be going back :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Hotel