“A WONDERFUL B&B!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview Lodge

You added Grandview Lodge to your Saves list
Grandview Lodge
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   466 Lickstone Road, Waynesville, NC 28786-5300   |
Special Offer
STAY 3 GET 10% OFF
Ranked #9 of 21 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, NC
“A WONDERFUL B&B!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our church has rented the Grandview Lodge for our Couples Getaway for the last 3 years. It is a great place to stay and the new owners are wonderful people. No, it is not a 5 star hotel, it is an 100 year old house turned into a B & B. Very rustic, very quaint, very homely. Coming to Grandview is the highlight of our year and we already look forward to next year! The staff is great, the food is great and the atmosphere is perfect. No complaints from us! The new owners have some big plans for the place and we are excited about them! Please give this place a chance and keep an open mind. Thanks again for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked in for one night on a stopover during our vacation. What a hidden jewel. It is off the beaten path for sure, a quiet step back in time. We were greeted promptly by the onsite chef and while checking in the new owners and their adorable daughter strolled over to also greet us. The rooms were quaint, the beds were comfortable, and we had rocking chairs on the porch outside our room, which we used to enjoy the campfire that was burning. I was unsure based on a couple of reviews but found the Bed & Breakfast to be charming. Yes it is rustic, yes it is old - but that's what I expect from B&B's. The breakfast was great - freshly juiced apples grown on-site, eggs, waffles, biscuits, sausage and the delightful company of the other guests. After finishing our meal we got an impromptu tour from the owner and he shared many of his plans for the future. The Lodge has a wonderful deck with a really great view - perfect for those evenings when you want to relax and sip some cider. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who's looking for a B&B experience. Just remember its a B&B not a hotel.

Room Tip: There are only 9 rooms, and I believe any of them would be a good choice. We were in the General Ru...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

September 2013, I made reservations to visit Grandview Logde in October. As my travel weekend approached I started looking for things to do during my stay, to my surprise I saw enough prior bad reviews to make me leery and changed my mind. When I called I was informed that Grandview was under new ownership(happened within a 2-3 week time frame), yet I wasn't informed of the upcoming changes when I made the reservation. Long story short I didn't receive a confirmation indicating their cancellation policy, it was presented to me after speaking to the new owners about my refunds around the 6th time. In which case I was called a liar by the new owner, because of the system that they had!!The new owner informed me that their rooms are $109/night, yet he doesn't know why I was charged $189/night (FRAUDULENT CHARGES) and assured me that I would get my money back. The conclusion of this story is I was informed to STOP calling and that I was harassing them, just because I was calling about my refund($338) that I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED!! One of the old owners still works at Grandview and I was informed that the old owners would call me, I still have not received a call nor was I provided any contact information for the old owners.It appears that this business is at all lost and will go through any means of getting business or money. That includes not e-mailing reservation confirmation, not providing and making up cancellation policies and not refunding customers!!! I was informed by the new owner that they have court date coming up with the older owners to work out their ownership details, I am just wondering is it open for guest appearances. After all who has money to throw out the window for services that weren't received or rendered!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maitland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed one night in Grandview Lodge. Inn is huge inside and has so much potential. Rooms were comfortable and beds very comfy. It is definitely dated and was probably at one time a great Inn. Breakfast was sufficient, and Innkeeper was nice. The most interesting event was when we heard a loud banging behind the Inn. We looked out the window of our room into the neighbors yard and there was a 13-14 year old boy who was shirtless, and had a belt on with axes and knives hanging off. He and his friend were beating a plastic playhouse to pieces with a large black sword!? Then they started throwing knives and axes at a tree! It was the strangest thing I have ever seen, and I was a bit concerned about the "psycho" neighbor. Had a decent nice sleep anyway, but probably would not return.

Room Tip: cottage looked nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The online pictures are deceiving. The “inn” was very difficult to find and is located in a run-down neighborhood, rather than the depicted idyllic setting in a meadow surrounded by woods. We reserved 3 nights but stayed only 2. The check in area dark and dingy. No service to refresh rooms each day. Very old and dated.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Terrible place. It was put up for auction last week and nobody bought it. We were the only guests there. Our room was dirty; faucet broken; smelled of mold; dark and musty and on and on. It was creepy. We felt like we were at the Bate's Motel. After checking in, the innkeeper told us there would be no housekeeping. Breakfast consisted of kid's cereal, frozen waffles, and juice. Thank goodness there was coffee. We were supposed to stay 4 nights after buying a special package. We barely made it thru one night. We are trying to get a refund. This was an awful experience. The owners want out so let them go and don't stay at this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Collegedale, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a very peaceful weekend at the Grandview Lodge in Western North Carolina. Opened the windows in our bedroom for a cool breeze, and the only sound heard was the nearby creek. This is a 100 year old house that has been expanded to accommodate several guests. You should expect to be in a 100 year old house with some creaky floors, and dated furniture and fixtures. But the "continental plus" breakfast was plenty of food for us, and just what we needed. I would recommend this to anyone who understands the bed and breakfast thing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grandview Lodge? Share your experiences!