“It's neither very good nor very bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesville
The Lodge
Save Saved
You added The Lodge to your Saves list
909 Russ Ave., Waynesville, NC 28786 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Waynesville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's neither very good nor very bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

On the plus side, The Lodge's front desk lady is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean and spacious. On the downside, everything is pretty old and shabby; it just doesn't look like anyone is investing much effort in spruci. If I'd paid $40 for a room, I'd give it a better rating, but at $75 it costs as much as a Days Inn or EconoLodge, but is inferior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bennettsville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at the lodge on three different occasions an they are the up most respectful people you will ever meet.They are not the holiday inn but there rooms are nice neat an clean.But of course you are going to meet picking people that are going to find something wrong with a room even if it were perfect.But I have had my grandson with me everytime I have stayed at the lodge an he was able to go out an play without me being afraid of the surroundings.So I would tell anyone that the lodge is a great place to rest an get treated with respect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pointe Claire, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm writing this review very late because I saw some bad reviews about The Lodge.Those people must be pretty picky.My wife and I got caught in a brief but furious rainstorm this past July.We were on our motorcycles and had nowhere to take refuge.Then we saw The Lodge and it was dry and friendly.We stayed for the night and found the area to be very pleasant.The guy at the counter was quite helpful and we spent a great July 4th night at The Lodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After having been ousted at10:30 am in the morning on a day of a wedding, from Oak Park Inn, this hotel took us in early, gave us adjacent rooms, and let us stay late on departure due to Christening at Church... Both were very much appreciated a midst our frustrations... Both rooms were fine and the staff was very helpful... The location was great... Thanks again and we plan to stay there again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the lodge and I had seen the reviews and was not sure about staying there for 2 weeks but when I checked around in the area, the prices were better than other places.The only bugs that i saw were a few ants and moths and a couple of brown beetles and those came in when i had the door open and the light over the sink on. So, they were my fault. My sheets were clean and my carpet was new. The walls had recently been painted and new bedspreads. In my experiences at hotels, you can't help getting a bug in when the door is open. That goes along with visiting the mountains. If you are going to complain about an ant or beetle or moth coming in, then why did you leave home in the first place? I would like for anyone to say that they have never found one in their home. I am not sure where you would live that something didn't get in. You should be thankful it wasn't anything worse like other hotels. I will stay at the lodge on my next visit and anytime that i am in the area. The rooms are nice and the staff is the best that I have seen in a long time. Someone was always at the desk when I had a question or needed extra towels for the pool. I had the most restful trip that I have ever had. To those of you that want to complain about harmless bugs, I guess you live in a bubble and I am not sure why you chose to go to the mountains in the first place. If you are in the area and want a nice quiet place to stay, you really need to try it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hebron, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed at The Lodge numerous times and have never once seen a bug in the room. The pool is very lovely. The rent is very affordable, I rented weekly each time. The Sagebrush is a neat little tourist attraction right next door to The Lodge. It is a steakhouse. then right down the road is a Fat Buddies BBQ restaurant and a family park. All in all the lady in charge is a very sweet women and helps out the homeless of Waynesville. And the best part is my dogs got to stay in the room with me. So, its affordable, convenient, and pet friendly. I would suggest to anyone that if you are stopping by the tourist town of Waynesville, NC, to try out the Lodge and see for yourself the excellent service that is provided. I also never use a fitness center so i don't know if there is one.

Room Tip: If I had to choose a room it would probably be right around the office.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Looking at some of the reviews of the place I wasn't sure about it ..but I thougth I'd give it a try and glad I did.
The price of the room was in my range 55.00.I had a room upstairs and It did NOT smell like smoke(it was Non-Smoking).I had a great view of the mountains and the pool.My room was clean and well stocked with soap ,shampoo and lotion. The bed was great for my bad back and the coffee tasted wondeful while I sat in my rocking chair and looked out at the mountains.I ended up staying an extra day because the location of this motel is so close to everything.The housekeeping staff consisted of the sweetest older ladies I have ever met and the front desk clerks could not have been nicer. I'm glad I ame here i will be back for sure.
Ginger Cooper

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Lodge? Share your experiences!