• Room rate was about $62.00 (after the taxes);
• Location was within walking distance to a steak house restaurant and a convenience store.
• Staff were friendly;
• Air conditioner was good and cold; not sure about the heater;
• Light breakfast is served from 7-9am. We ended up eating at Joey's Pancake House (very good) in nearby Maggie Valley.
• Plain and simple... the place is a dump. Don't expect the quality of other hotels, such as Best Western or Days Inn, in the same price range;
• The place is old, but old isn't the problem. The place is not maintained. The property looks junky and the concrete stairs and walkways look like they haven't been pressure washed EVER. The painted room numbers on the doors are faded and hard to read. There was a sign on the stairwell that said "For your safety, hold the rails" and the last thing I wanted to do was touch the rail. Seriously, and I'm not an overly picky person with regard to hotels as long as they are clean.
• As another reviewer mentioned, the carpet just looked nasty, like it had never been cleaned. The walls were in bad shape wallpaper-wise and the doors had scuffs on them. The bathroom floor tiles were cracked in several places, and the white grout was black in most places. However, the tub and toilet were clean. The TV was old, though not a big deal, but the remote was missing it's back so the batteries kept falling out. I was excited to have a balcony but it looked unsafe to stand on. The bed mattress was on the hard side, but I did sleep well. The pillows, however, were disappointingly flat. But my hubby used the 2 from our bed and I used the 2 from the other bed so it worked out.
• There is no microwave in the room, but there is one in the lobby. Note: the lobby is open 24 hours but after a certain point it will be locked and you'll have to use an outside telephone to contact the attendant. On another note, don't tap on the window that's adjacent to the phone because when I did at 10:30ish pm, the attendant nearly had a heart attack :) sorry;
• There is no refrigerator; and
• There is no wi-fi/internet;
• Two small/thin soaps are all that is provided.
I ended up at The Lodge because I didn't pre-plan. It wasn't a bad stay, overall, but I was disappointed in what I got for my $55... especially given that I'm writing this review from a Best Western that costs $4 more and is night-and-day, head-over-heels better. I hope this review is of help to you in your decision-making.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Waynesville
- The Hotel