“Brunch to die for!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
“Brunch to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a beautifully decorated bed and breakfast with the best brunch in town! My husband and I frequent as often as possible. Today was fabulous, raspberry topped pancakes and quiche with salad and fruit. Michelle is a great chef and innkeeper. We just love going for a visit! You really must go in for a visit when you are in the Waynesville area. The rooms are just lovely, too. You can walk around town and enjoy the local sights and shops. Gorgeous mountain views and gardens to enjoy your morning coffe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you paige for the wonderful review...It is all so nice to see you come in.
see you soon
Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway to the mountains for Memorial day weekend and I found this place on trip advisor. What a Gem!!! Michelle and Phil were gracious, caring and warm hosts and the Herren House and the gardens are lovely...The Queen (Michelle) cooks an awesome breakfast and is very helpful on ideas for restaurants, shopping, etc...Phil and Michelle have create a lovely, warm and comfortable, relaxing atmosphere at the Herren House and we will be back!
Thanks again Michelle and Phil
Jim and Barbara (Pat) lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Pat lol..Thanks for the great review it was so nice meeting and getting to know you both. I hope life in Charlotte is going well for you or have you been traveling to the family a lot..I look forward to you coming back to see us soon
Take care
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was recently in the Waynesville/ Cldye area working on a small television production, and were in need of a catering company. One of my co-workers found the Herren house and a Michelle, the lovely owner and cook could not have been more of a delight to deal with. The food was always fresh, organic, on time and delicious. I usually would not know what time I would need the food until 18 hours away, and Michelle was always super accommodating and made my life so easy not having to think twice about food, or a grumpy crew complaining about food. In fact after our last day of having Herren House catering, the crew kept complaining how we would have to go back to eating crummy food elsewhere. We also had the pleasure of dining once in the garden, and once in the main dining room. The atmosphere was relaxing and a great experience. I would highly recommend eating at the Herren house... having the Herren house cater a local event and I would have loved to stay at the Herren house and certainly will, next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much Andrew..it was so much fun amd an awesome experience for me working with....Let me know when the show airs.
Thanks again
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Really enjoyed my time at Herren House. The rooms and common spaces were beautiful and spotless. The breakfast was fabulous, a full compliment of vegetarian quiche,fresh fruit and assorted muffins and breads. Michelle was a fun and gracious hostess. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Call Michele and describe your needs. However, the website does a great job.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks Darcy for the great review...I will see you soon
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I just spent the weekend at the Herren House Bed & Breakfast in Waynesville, NC.

It is truly comfortable in all the ways one hopes as he/she travels. Coffee and wine and other beverages and snacks available 24/7 and included in cost; clean rooms and bathrooms with cozy and perfect beds; delicious breakfasts served punctually; convenient to downtown (never had to get in our car . . . ); etc . . .

Additionally, the Herren House is beautiful and welcoming. Michelle has created warmth in that quaint and non-ostentatious, but elegant, way. Her gardens beckon and cheery little conversation spaces abound on the porch, in the yard, inside the home . . .

And best of all, Michelle (the owner and "Queen of Everything") is delightfully personable, humorous, and helpful. She was constantly giving us tips for best places to eat or visit or shop (as we desired) or offering us a glass of wine in the garden, etc . . . And what a cook! She delivered scrumptious breakfasts and in that non-flurried, calm and pleasant way.

We would LOVE to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It was so nice to meet you both..I 'm glad your trip turned out the way it did! We hope you will return when you can. enjoy the rest of your summer.
Whittier, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Herren House B & B is conveniently located one block off the main street of Waynesville. A brief walk takes you everywhere you would want to go to shop or eat. Bridget's Bistro offers the most wonderful breakfast, made-to-order and gourmet. Sunday brunch is more than delicious. Michelle and Phil are wonderful hosts. Time spent in the gazebo garden is relaxing and allows the stress of life to melt away in the beauty of the surroundings. My husband and I spent our 5 year anniversary at the Herren House and were more than delighted. Being a bubble bath girl, I was entranced with the claw foot tub where I could soak and relax.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you Brenda for the wonderful review...I have to agree the tubs are great for a bubble bath....we really hope you will join us for your 6th anniversary. I will have special bubbles for you and the tub.
Take care see you soon
Michelle, Phil and Jack
Waynesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I didn't stay there, but went for breakfast on Sunday. We had delicious omelets. The only down-side would be that it wasn't served with fresh fruit. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review....next time you join us for Brunch PLEASE aks for frest fruit I will be happy to serve that for you....I Look forward to seeing you soon.... Maybe Mothers day?
All the Best
Michelle

Been to Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant? Share your experiences!