“Minication” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Weirton, West Virginia
“Minication”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I and two close friends scratched another trip off of our bucket list and had a delightful time at warm and friendly B&B at the same time. We drove from northern West Virginia to the beautiful Smokey Mountains in search of a Christmas experience at the Biltmore Estate. We found the deal on Living Social and the Herren House is a short drive from the estate. We were extremely pleased with the warm and welcoming experience at the Herren House. Michelle was a superb hostess from the time that we entered until the time that we left. The house was originally set up as a bording house so it is designed to make the occupants comfortable. Downtown Waynesville is an experience all of its own. It is a quaint little town with a beautiful main street and excellent restaurants and shops. The breakfasts at the Herren House was worth the trip. Michelle is a trained chef and it shows. If you are in the neighborhood of Waynesville, NC, do yourself a favor and swing by the Herren House and spend a night or three......Thanks Michelle we had a great time.......

Room Tip: I think that you will have a hard time finding a bad room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am so glag you enjoyed you minivaca at the Herren House...I have to agree downtown shopping is wonderful.......We realy hope you will join us again this year. Keep an eye for upcoming specials
Happy New Year
Michelle and phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had a girls weekend getaway at the Herron House. The house is beautiful and Phil and Michelle were gracious hosts. The rooms are comfortable and being within walking distance of downtown was a plus. The food was amazing. There are so many little touches throughout the Inn that make you feel pampered. I would highly recommend the Herron House to anyone looking for a family, couple or friend get away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hi Kelly. We are so happy you and the Girls had a fun time. It was a pleasure to have you all stay with us...I really enjoyed meeting you all and getting to know you all better....I will look for your return in 2013.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Having stayed in many B&B's over our 45 years of marriage, we rate Herren House one of the best! The warm hospitality, great accomodations, yummy breakfasts, afternoon cookies & wine, beautiful gardens and short walking distance to downtown Waynesville, NC can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for a great review..It is so good to know we are up there with other great B&Bs in your book.....We hope you will return someday soon
Happy Holidays to you both
Dayton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We discovered the Herren House Bed & Breakfast on Living Social in search of a place to stay for our 1st Anniversary celebration. We had a fantastic experience! We stayed in the Jessica room, which contained a rich bedroom suite and was filled with hues of green and yellow. Attached was an adorable bathroom with a relaxing blue theme. It felt like home. Michelle was extremely welcoming and a fabulous cook! It is now a wonderful memory. We hope to visit again one day!

Room Tip: The Jessica room contained a vintage tug and overlooked the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Chelsea, We are so happy you found us too. I hope we can make more memories for you in the future.....I love the Jessica room to it is so peaceful and a great bed too.
Have a great holiday season and hope to see you a gain
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a family dinner for 12 to celebrate a special birthday at Herren House. We all were most pleased. I had never been to Waynesville so worked with Michelle via telephone and email. She was great to work with before, during and after to make sure everything went like we planned and it did. Our server Margaret did an excellent job, available but not intrusive. The food was excellent as we had salmon picatta, steaks (cooked two different ways, both just right) and a chicken dish. The palor where we gathered and the dining room were both well decorated, lots of attention to detail. There was no outside noise. There was ample parking behind the House. The House itself is down a side street in downtown Waynesville so is most convenient.

Again, many thanks to Michelle and her staff for a great evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much Jim...It was very easy to work with you too. I am so happy you all enjoyed your dinner. Your guests where a pleasure to have here.....I hope we can do more parties for you in the future
Have a wonderful Hoilday season
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I will forever remember my fourth anniversary as the best time I've had in my life. I cannot express enough how much I genuinely enjoyed myself. The bed was so comfortable and we actually got 8 hours of sleep each. The bathroom was perfect; the heat comfort zone, the bathtub, the hot water was EXACTLY what I needed after all of our outdoor activities. Michelle's Berry Pancakes were AWESOME!!! The cookies in the jar were the best. My husband and I re-kindled/re-connected and fell in love all over again. We will be coming back. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Room Tip: The window in the bathroom of the Lucile Room provides a breathtaking sunrise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Well you just made my day with your review....We are so happy your found each other again in our home.........making memories for our guests are so important....I hope you will return for your 5th anniversay.
Have a wonderful hoiday season
Best regards
Michelle and Phil
Rockville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I got the living social deal to stay here because I wanted to stay in a B&B when I came to the Asheville area for a wedding. This house is absolutely beautiful and it's obvious how much thought went into all the little details. Michelle (the owner) is fabulous and you can tell she loves what she does here. Also, the food is amazing!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words.....we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your long trip home was a safe one. We look forward to seeing you again
Happy Holidays
Michelle

Been to Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant? Share your experiences!