“Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Mills River, North Carolina
“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our wedding weekend was perfect! Michelle was wonderful, and made everyone feel right at home. She took care of all the details of the wedding and took all the stress off of my bride. We had all six rooms with family and everyone had a wonderful time. Teresa and I plan to spend all our anniversary's there. Each room has its own theme and mine had an old English looking bathroom. It was really nice, and everything was really clean.
Michelle is a wonderful cook, the dinning room was decorated to the T. Every detail was taken care of.
For a great get a way, I highly recommend the Herren House. You will leave with a smile on your face.
Larry B

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello Mr and Mrs Boyd, It was such a pleasure to make your day so special. I love to have wedings at my Inn. and you made it so easy for me to do this.......I have you booked for next year I will look forward to seeing you then if not before. Have a wonderful 1st hoilday season together
Best Regards
Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hoschton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had our trip to the Dominican Republic cancelled at the last minute (NorEaster in NYC) and wanted to go somewhere. The Herron House, Waynesville and the surrounding area provided the perfect last minute getaway from Atlanta. Michelle was very accomadating, she not only provided a delicious breakfast, but also wine, truffles and trail mix in our room and coffee, tea and cookies around the clock in the hallway just outside our room. The room was tastefully decorated, comfortable and clean. Michelle suggested places to eat and shop in Waynesville as well as giving us discounts at various places.
We also traveled a short distance to view beautiful waterfalls, have a picnic lunch and view Elk. I would recommend Waynesville and the Herren House to anyone who enjoys history, nature, shopping and/or good food!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey Guys, I had no Idea about your cancelled vacation. I hope you will be able to go another time. I am also glad you came to see me instead it was so nice to have you at the Inn. Thank you for the review.
Have a great Holiday season
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First time “bed & breakfast” experience with an overnight stay prior to attending an on-site/outdoor wedding the next day –

Michelle was very gracious and all the details were meticulously planned. She made all the guests feel very welcomed. The attractively decorated rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The dinner reception was decorated lovely and the food, including the wedding cake, was wonderful.

Thank you Michelle for making this wedding special for everyone.

Gary and Faye B

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi Gary and Faye, Thank you for the great review/ I am so ghlad you enjoyed your stay with us and got to be here for your brothers wedding.....It was a pleasure to do this for them.
I hope you have a happy holiday season
Oxford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed one night. The Herron House is a great location, with a charming and wonderful hostess (Michelle). The rooms were comfortable, exceptionally clean, and attractively decorated. It's a really neat old home. We enjoyed our wine on the front porch and our short walk to the fun shops and good restaurants. Breakfast was top notch.

Four Retired Teachers

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks Carol for the great review......I am gald you had a good time shopping.....We do have some neat shopping here...........wine on the porch is the best..........I will look forward to seeing you girls and hubies for the next Murder Mystery dinner
Have a great Holiday season
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ours was an overnight stay. The room and attention to details were wonderful. It was meticulously clean with everything necessary for you comfort. Michelle efficiently got us settled in, brought us some fresh backed cookiesand coffee and gave us directions for our two day shopping and restaurant adventure in Waynesville. What a warm welcome; we felt totally at home. Michelle prepared us a fantastic breakfast where we met a couple who were chased from the Jersey shore by Hurricane Sandy. We enjoyed the company and swapping current and life experiences. We power-shopped, met some wonderful and interesting people and merchants in town and ate at two superb restaurants. We couldn't have spent a better overnight getaway. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review. I hope you girls didn't shop till you dropped...what great shopping we have in Waynesville..........I will look forward to you returning for a murder mystery night
Happy Holidays
Mcihelle
West Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were referred to The Herren House as a place to have our reception dinner and after our visit with Michelle we were sold. Her professionalism and knowledge of how to do things were very evident, and we even used a reference of hers to beautifully create our wedding cake. Everything worked out wonderfully in spite of the cold weather. Michelle easily shifted from a garden based setup to an interior reception dinner that was absolutely fantastic. We had family members who stayed there before the wedding and my lovely wife and I stayed there after the wedding. We had never been to a "B&B" before and, to be sure, I think she, her family, and her staff probably spoiled us.
I remarked several times that it felt like we were at a home away from home. I would venture to say that if I asked my wife to "invent" an excuse to stay there, even though we have vacation property in the area, she would easily come up with something like dinner at the Tipping Point followed by a wonderful breakfast at The Herren House!
Thank you Michelle! Our entire wedding party raved about the accomodations and the service. You made our special week so effortless and wonderful!

Love and "cheers",

Becki and Jason Deyloff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Becky and Jason.....I am so happy you enjoyed your special day with us.....You as a couple made my job easy. I hope you will return for your 1st anniversay you know its on us!!!!!..have a great 1st holiday season together
Michelle
PS can you check with your dSon I think he may have pick up my guest book by mistake
Thanks
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only stayed 1 night but the accommodations and breakfast were superb. The welcome was especially nice, as road weary travelers, a nice cold glass of wine was nirvana. Cookies, coffee, everything we needed was right there. The porch was also quite comfortable and fun to sit and relax and enjoy the mountains.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
michelle b, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the review...I hope you made it back to TX safely........Enjoy the next new chapter of your life...........you know you deserve it...................you have worked hard..go get em!!!!Have a great holiday season
Michelle

Been to Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant? Share your experiences!