“Relaxing and refreshing.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Venice, Florida
“Relaxing and refreshing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our five day stay at the Herren House. The hospitable nature of Michelle and Phil was superb!!! Our bed was comfy, our clean room was quiet, the front porch and the pretty garden area behind the house were relaxing. The breakfast was not only quite tasty, but also plentiful. We also appreciated the snacks and drinks being available at all times. Thank you for making our vacation such a treat. Although this was our first stay at Herren House, we truly hope it is not our last. Michelle could not have done any more to make us comfortable. Chris and Rebekah

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
herrenhouse2011, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Hi Guys...Thanks so much for your kind words...What a pleasure it was to have you with us.....I love our evening chats and listening to the "Memories"....Chris send me a CD when you get more recorded I am waiting.....Enjoy the rest of 2013....
Take care Michelle
PS I starting to read my book??

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Jackson, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My daughter and her family moved to Waynesville, NC, 5 years ago. When I would come to visit her I would pass by the Herron House. I would think about how neat it would be to stay there. This past week my sister-in-law wanted to go to the Biltmore. I thought I would make it special for us and booked a room at the Herron House. After a 7 hour drive to Waynesville, we checked into the bead & breakfast. We were given the loveliest room and were welcomed by our host bearing a tray with glasses of wine. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the yummiest breakfasts each day. I don't know why anyone would complain, it was delicious and quite filling. The plate presentations were beautiful. Our room was very clean and anything we needed was provided. We had a room with two comfortable beds in it. Also it was very quiet at night. I would highly recommend the Herron House if you want a place to stay within a block of Main Street in Waynesville. It is only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway where you can hike and explore beautiful waterfalls and rivers. Thanks for a great experience. I will be back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
herrenhouse2011, Manager at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hey Girls I hope you had a safe trip home........It was nice to have you stay with us and I hope you will return......good luck to your daughter and her family on thier move. You will have to do a couples weekend with your hubbies
take care
Michelle and Phil
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here this summer and were sadly less than impressed. Having stayed in many B&Bs in the US and Europe, the breakfasts were very small with no choices and no offers for additional juice, fruit, bread, we were told that it was 'inconvenient' to make hot chocolate, there were dirty towels remaining in the bath from previous guests-but at least they had sufficient towels for the 2 of us. Proximity to town is good if you like to walk. Even the refrigerator was not restocked for 2 days with drinks/water. Perhaps from the other ratings, it was an 'off' time but we would not return with other lovely B&Bs in the area. The picture is of the return vent above our bed; not something very inviting.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for your review. All of your comments are useful. My only regret from your review is that you did not address these issues during your stay. These were all fixable concerns that you felt you had. Communication is the key in a small B&B and private home ran by a couple. I will be happy to recommend other B&Bs in the area should you consider another trip to Waynesville. In addition, I would like to also encourage the idea of staying with us again at The Herren House, in hopes that your experience the 2nd time will meet your expectations and beyond.

I thank you in advance for your time and continued consideration.
Easley, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a quaint B&B that is close to downtown...an easy walk to shops and restaurants. It is decorated beautifully. We loved our room (Henry) and found it more than adequate. One word of caution though, the tub/shower is an old time claw foot tub with a fixed shower head that's kind of low for anyone tall. We found our hosts to be helpful and polite and thank them for sharing their home with us. As a side note, breakfast was absolutely delicious (fresh blueberry pancakes and bacon) but portions were a little small. Then again, we're used to a large breakfast in the morning. We hope to return again!

• Stayed August 2012
herrenhouse2011, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found a little place to enjoy your time with your husbend.
I hope he stays safe on the road in that big 18 wheeler....Next time you stay with us just let me know you would like seconds...... I am happy to do what ever will please you........
hope to see you soon
Michelle
Knoxvillle, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our 2 nights at Herren House last weekend were wonderful. The hospitality is gracious and caring and the Breakfast was delicious. There was a mystery dinner one night of our stay but we did not attend as we had other plans for that evening. The next morning we heard that it was a fun occasion. We will return for a stay at Herren House whenever we are "in the neighborhood".
Bud and Carole Fields

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool so disregard comment about swimming pool as this was a typo and I could no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy ypu enjoyed your stay with us......I will be sending dates for other mystery nights so you will maybe be able to join us...enjoy the rest of your summer
Michelle and phil
Taylorsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Came to town for my daughters"s Friday night wedding..... Herren House... so helpful....even able to provide a very last minute "bridesmaids luncheon"....

My mom and grandmother said they were treated like queens!

Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
herrenhouse2011, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hi April, Little did you know that your Mom and Grandmother are Queens LOL I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us...I will look forward to seeing you for Sunday Brunch soon with your daughter and new son in Law...Have a great year at school...Michelle
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

In the midst of a blistering hot spell in most of the Southeast, Herren House offered the perfect mountain getaway in the Western North Carolina community of Waynesville. Welcomed by a glass of wine, Michelle and Phil were gracious hosts. After the first breakfast, Michelle gave us a list of local businesses who gave discounts to visitors in Herren House. Herren House is beautifully decorated and has a beautiful garden. My only regret was that I only had two nights there.

Room Tip: Enjoy open stores and galleries on Friday nights.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
herrenhouse2011, Owner at Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us..It was great getting to know you better........I hope you have a great year school year...Don't forget the garden lol...We realy hope to see you again at the Inn. I will have your wine waiting

Been to Herren House Bed & Breakfast and Restaurant? Share your experiences!