“It was better years ago.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Campton, Kentucky
“It was better years ago.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I started coming here years ago when I was a child. I loved it then. The place has really hit bottom in the last several years. I would like to see the menus from the years when dishes like pisgah pasta and hamburger steaks were the top dishes. The alcohol is a disgrace to the place to. I have read reviews of horrible proportions. The food is way too fancy and way overpriced. One review said that a mgr offered to pick through the trout to remove bones. How stupid and disgusting. This place did not please my wife either. We looked at the menu but left because we didn't see one thing we liked. The bottom line is the pisgah inn was not intended to be a fancy place but rather a nice simple stop along the parkway. I am so disgusted at how the mgt has ran this place in the ground. Another sad loss of a parkway relic.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
harorob, General Manager at Pisgah Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am so sorry that you didn't dine with us. Our Pisgah Pasta is still on our menu and continues to be a crowd favorite.We have hamburgers so a hamburger steak was not out of the question either. If you had ask we could have cooked one up for you. We are always willing to cook dishes for our guest even when an item is not on the menu.As for the Beer and Wine list, other guest seem pleased with our selection. We do our best to have a selection for every taste and every price.If there is a certain beer or wine you would prefer we would love to hear your suggestions. We always have areas for improvement . A review such as yours can be a valuable tool for us to learn from. I would welcome you back to dine with us a tell us how we can get better.
Rob Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Raleigh, NC
“Stop for lunch and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Yes, the food was good, but the view was super on the clear day that we had lunch.

I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with slaw which was good, but routine. It had plenty of bbq sauce on it. My wife had a pecan salad which was very good.

The menu has lots of choices of salads, sandwiches and entrees.

Our waitress, Jaime, provided friendly, helpful and very attentive service.

Save time for the rocking chairs on the porch.

Reservations can only be made by guests at the Inn.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cartersville, Georgia
“Hat trick! Great food, great service, great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love the Pisgah Inn restaurant! We go there two or three times a year and are never disappointed. Especially love what the kitchen can do with pork. Nice beer and wine selection, as well. Of course, if you're staying at the Inn and you didn't bring dinner with you, you are a captive audience, but you'll be a satisfied one!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“last yrs visit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

was there last yr in april ,for breakfast,the atmosphere and location were great,the food not so much,staff didn`t seem to know what they were doing,although very friendly.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brevard
“Nice View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A nice view, is all I can say about the Pisgah Inn. I guess it is one of the "must do's" if traveling the BRP. I find the food mediocre at best, and, a bit pricy, for the portion size. Conversation is next to impossible, and the service leaves a lot to be desired.
My wife and I go there twice a year, with a club we belong to, after doing a liter patrol on Highway 151, if not for that, we would not go at all.
I will be there one week from Tuesday, as it is a club function. If things improve, I will post.
For my 2 cents, get a Subway Tuna Sandwich, and pick any rest area.

• Visited October 2012