“BEST CHEESESTEAK EVER !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Waynesville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Soups
Good for: Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bogart's Restaurant, located in downtown Waynesville, has been long-time noted for great steaks, soups, and salads. We provide a casual family atmosphere in a rustic old time setting focused on local area history and have a menu noted for its practical value. Thursday nights we host live Bluegrass/String Band music. We are located within walking distance of Waynesville's unique shops and seasonal festival activities and within one mile of Waynesville Country Club.
Rockledge, Florida
“BEST CHEESESTEAK EVER !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had heard great things about this place from friends living near Maggie Valley. We joined them for an early dinner, and immediately eyed the Philly Cheese Steak on the menu, and since I
didn't have a huge appetite that night, thought that was just the right size. Accompanied by
delicious home fried chips, I only got through half!!! It was that huge....tons of meat!!!
Positively, absolutely the BEST cheese steak I have ever had. Only negative is that this place
is sooooo popular, it runs out of parking fast, with folks looking for spaces to park across the street or around the corner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Harley Road trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The wife and I took the HD up from our Oconee home thru Brevard and Hey 276 to have a great ride but also hit the #2 spot in Waynesville. Bogart's is as good as the rating. Service was fast, I had a burger that was perfect. Wife had chicken done perfect as well. Met the owners wife who brought me another RJ Rockers "son of a peach" beer and we talked with her about trip advisor. We will most definitely try again if ever in that area. You get the chance you should as well.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Dependable good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have never been disappointed by anything we have ordered at Bogart's. I have gone with just one other person and with a party of 8 - and everyone is always satisfied with their meal and total experience. My only complaint is that they don't have a large waiting area and sometimes they are doing such good business that we do have to wait - but it is always worth it! My favorite is the filet - I love a good steak that is cooked correctly which is what I get there - every time. The staff is always warm and welcoming which makes it all the better to go to Bogart's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great food! I am never disappointed when I dine at Bogart's. Great appetizers, entrées, & desserts. It's great to go with a group so you can sample a bunch of stuff.

Make sure you ask for Judy!

“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to Waynesville, NC. We drove through town and picked the place with the most cars in the lot! Small and not as fancy as some of the other places we have been, but it felt like "home." We were disappointed they didn't have a full liquor bar, but we also didn't ask before we sat down. Stick with the beer, this is not a wine place. The bartender was super friendly, service was great and the food exactly what we ordered. For the price (and were guessing predictability), we would go back. This is where the locals go for dinner.

• Visited June 2014