“Surprised by vegetarian selection” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Bogart's Restaurant, located in downtown Waynesville, has been long-time noted for great steaks, soups, and salads. We provide a casual family atmosphere in a rustic old time setting focused on local area history and have a menu noted for its practical value. Thursday nights we host live Bluegrass/String Band music. We are located within walking distance of Waynesville's unique shops and seasonal festival activities and within one mile of Waynesville Country Club.
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Surprised by vegetarian selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lot of our friends love this place for their food, atmosphere, and reasonable prices but I was concerned that they might not have any vegetarian selections. Boy, was I surprised when there were three selections on the burger page - portabello mushroom, Philly steak sans meat, and vegetarian medley. I got the mushroom and I wasn't disappointed albeit their hamburger buns don't stand up well to their juicy sandwiches. It would also be nice if they got some non-Bud beers on tap.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canton, North Carolina
“Always delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The steak is outstanding and most of the wait staff has been here for years. Definitely a reliable spot for a delicious meal and reliable service.

Visited January 2013
Waynesville, NC
“Disappointed. Sysco tub of BBQ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am local and have been to Bogarts a few times. What can I say, you get what you pay for. The restaurant is nicely decorated and is almost always busy. On a recent trip there I sat at the bar for lunch and ordered the BBQ sandwich. It was inedible, tasting sour and maybe old. I asked my bartender about it and she said " I was going to tell you not to order that, it comes right out of a Sysco tub.". Guess I should have stuck with a burger. The beer was cold and tasty though! I get the feeling that a lot of what they serve is pre-made, food service stuff. No bueno.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Commerce, Georgia
“Right on the Main Street in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped here on impulse and were glad we did. The food and service were very good. My husband had blackened salmon that he said tasted great. I had the fried portabello mushroom slices and sweet potato fries, again great. We each had a glass of the house Cabernet which we were pleased to find was a Lindemans, a good Australian wine that we often enjoy at home because the price is reasonable and the flavor is good. We had a glass of wine at the bar while waiting for our table but the bartender checked twice with the hostess and in no time we were seated In a booth close to the bar so we didn't have to go far carrying our wine glasses. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Value for money spent was excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Melbourne, Florida
“Good food for late lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the Yellow House Innkeeper.
It was as good as advertised. A variety of entrees. Good service

Visited April 2012