“Good food for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Chinese, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Good food for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We eat at Kobe Express a lot. We enjoy the casual atmosphere, generous portions and very reasonable prices. Our favorite waitress is Candy. Be sure to ask for her for STELLAR service! Now if only they would get brown rice!!! :)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Trinity8008

Asheville, North Carolina
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food is good. Atmosphere is nothing to write home about and service is hit and miss. Have been there a few times this year and the service is up and down. Never bad but not always really good. Good thing is that the food is consistently good each time so that makes up for any misses with service. I want to be clear, the service is never BAD. At times though, it isn't what I would consider "A " or even "B" service but just average. Will go again because I know I will get a good meal for a decent price.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank funreviewing
Evensville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food - Generous Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had the egg roll appetizer and the teriyaki beef which was plenty enough to fill me up. We arrived just before 6 pm on a Friday Night and did not have to wait but the line quickly backed up out the door soon after.

• Visited May 2013
Maryland, USA
“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Tried Kobe Express for the first time for lunch today and enjoyed the entire experience. We both got Hibachi Chicken and the portion was generous, the chicken tender, the sautéed mushrooms light, and the accompanying sweet carrots and soba noodles ($1 extra instead of rice) were delicious. Service was friendly and attentive - we never wanted for anything and our waitress kept checking in with us just the right amount. We did not try the sushi but the plates being delivered to other diners looked gorgeous. The iced tea was brewed and fresh. It was easy to carry on a conversation. No overpowering music or other voices amplified by bad acoustics - that was a welcome relief!

2 Thank HubCityGirl10
Asheville, North Carolina
“Decent food in Waynesville.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was very excited for a Hibachi restaurant to open in Haywood County, and have eaten here several times. I always get the teriyaki chicken, husband prefers the teriyaki steak. They’re both delicious, and served with rice, carrots, and broccoli. Our food is always prepared quickly and served with shrimp sauce.

The wait staff here seem hurried, and can be aggravated acting at times. My husband and I have started to order out from here instead of eating in, as the wait staff has been less than attentive to us on more than one occasion. They are slow to take orders, slow to bring drinks, and rarely (if ever) come by to offer refills.

I see that other reviewers are raving about their sushi-we have yet to try it here. On our first visit to this restaurant, I watched the man behind the sushi counter picking at his nose, and then resume making his sushi rolls. That totally turned me off of their sushi. I’m hopeful that isn’t happening back in the kitchen, too, however what I can’t see won’t hurt me in the end, right?

Overall, this is a fairly good place in Waynesville to grab tasty food. Just be aware that their staff can be lackluster, and the sushi guy gets a little friendly with his nose.

• Visited December 2012