“Good lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Good lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Completely empty and we were the only customers (by the sounds of it, maybe all day...and this was late afternoon), which can sometimes be a red flag. Typical Jamaican decor and music as could be expected also. The owner greeted us and was our waiter for the meal. He was very helpful with menu choices and reccomendations and such.

My salad arrived and was fresh and the strawberry vinaggrette tasty. Unfortunately after that, before I could even wash my hands in the restroom, the two dishes arrived ( beef stew and jerk chicken...boneless I may add), and low and behold they werent even hot. The mac n cheese he raved about was clearly sat in a hot tray, and my portion was scraped from the top I feel.

The meats and sauces were actually succulent and very tasty. It was just a shame about the speed and obvious preparation and heating methods.

The owner did also disappear for the entirety of the meal so it would have been hard to air any grievances.

I wish them all the best, and that they stick around long enough to improve and succeed. Friendly owners dont make great businesses unfortunately.

Would return but maybe for takeaway food.

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Best food I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went for lunch today for the first time and it was the best food I have ever had! By sheer coincidence, my first visit was on a Sunday when they have a buffet for only $10 a person. This gave me an opportunity to try quite a few different dishes. It was all good! In fact, it was ALL so good that I couldn't tell you which one was my favorite. I had the jerk chicken, stir fry chicken, Caribbean chicken, collards, rice and beans, and they brought me a slice of sweet bread which is like corn bread taken to a whole nother level. I got a menu to see what other items are listed and already made a list of the other dishes I want to try when I return again to dine at One Love. I honestly can't wait to go back and I am sure I will be dreaming about my next meal there in my sleep. I am sure my mouth will be watering! The restaurant was clean, the staff was extremely friendly, and the decor in the restaurant creates an authentic feel of Jamaica right here in the heart of the western North Carolina mountains. What a treasure of a find!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waynesville
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have eaten here twice and have enjoyed it both times, trying a different dish each time. I have been very pleased with the warm welcome upon arrival and the service provided. The corn bread is excellent (I typically don't care for corn bread). The place could use a little sprucing up to get rid of the old seating and put in better lighting. It looks like things were pulled together from a former restaurant. The place was clean, it just has old furniture and the walls and ceilings could use some touch up.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carrollton, Georgia
“Tastes like jamaica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

If you have been to Jamaica you will not be diss appointed if you haven't then you will fall in love a the exciting comfort food from Jamaica!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“FORGET IT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

While vacationing in Maggie Valley we heard about some good Jamaican food at the ONE LOVE restaurant in neighboring Waynesville.
Oh shame on me for not reading the Tripadvisor reviews (which is rare for me)!
We walked into the eatery and saw no one around but we could hear voices in the kitchen so we stood and waited about 10 minutes so we finally just sat ourselves. When no came around I went and got a menu.
Finally a female worker (with hair piled high) walked right past us without a word and kept going.
Then another female worker came out of the kitchen, looked at us and then walked away in the opposite direction?!
At this point we left and went to an outstanding Mexican restaurant down the street (Guayabitos).
This is the worst service I have ever experienced in a restaurant.
When I got home and read the reviews I noted that several others had commented about the poor service here. From now on I will always read the reviews BEFORE we go.
There are too many GREAT restaurants within 3 miles of here to choose from.
AVOID THIS ONE!