“Delicious salad & good coffee - great place for breakfast & lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Bakery Cafe

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Delicious salad & good coffee - great place for breakfast & lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was in town for a conference, and I ate here twice - breakfast/coffee and lunch. The coffee was REALLY good and I enjoyed my quiche, although I would have rather eaten a crustless quiche. There weren't many good options for low carb diets, at least for breakfast.....I went with the quiche and it had a potato "crust" which was okay, but not low carb.
Lunch was MUCH better for my style of eating, and I had the Sesame Chicken Salad with honey mustard and balsamic vinaigrette. I added goat cheese to my salad, which was a great choice! I would certainly eat here again, for lunch at least, or stop by for a coffee when I'm in town again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brian D, General Manager at City Bakery Cafe, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon!

Auburn, AL
“Very Good Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My lunch would tend to be closer to a 5 than 4, but I knocked one off for the fairly common (3 times) tendency to lose a bagel order when you ask for cream cheese in the morning. I really like the "bagels", but they are far from real bagels, but they are pretty tasty. The Reuben panini was outstanding as was my wife's Goat Cheese Evo panini.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the review! We apologize for the bagel errors, but we are so glad you enjoyed it!

North Carolina
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were getting out of our car in downtown Waynesville, NC and a woman literally stopped us and said if we were looking for a place to eat to be sure and try the City Bakey Cafe. She was right. It was super. We grabbed sandwiches made on their homemade bread and headed to the back porch to eat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We sat out on the porch, talked to other patrons and had a great time. Food was excellent. Wide variety of baked goods and sandwiches.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the review!

So glad you enjoyed it! Please come back and see us on your next visit!

Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Great Coffee, Wonderful Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Love this local/regional bakery as there are two in Asheville, but the one in Waynesville is equally good! If you desire local baked pastries, excellent scallion, cheddar biscuits with egg, bacon and cheese or one of my favorites their yogurt fruit parfait with their granola or cinnamon rolls...need I go on...try City Bakery and their lunch menu is not your usual lunch sandwich either.

Visited August 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are so very pleased to hear that you enjoy dining with us! Please come back and see us again soon!

Cherokee, North Carolina
“Great bread and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

If bread makes the sandwich then City Bakery has got it down. We were there for lunch. We had the Italian Chicken Sandwich. Chicken, pesto, mozzarella and the bread was to die for. Best flavors I've had in a while. We also tried their Cous Cous salad. Very good. It's my husband's new favorite sandwich and hangout place. They have WiFi and a wide variety of places to sit, the deck outside, cozy by the window where you can see the street, or the privacy of a booth. Great sandwiches, good service! I can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for the review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at City Bakery!

Please come back and see us soon!