“We had a BLAST!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
4 attraction reviews
“We had a BLAST!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a group of 11 and had a great time. I have been horseback riding a few times in the past and was DREADING this, but they made it enjoyable. They matched the riders to the horses very well. The guide took time with us to ensure that we were enjoying the ride. We went up to the top of the mountain and the scenery was GORGEOUS! I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS!!

Visited July 2012

Plymouth, NC
60 attraction reviews
“An Enjoyable Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I am writing this based on what my husband and adult "niece" told me about their experience at Queen's Farm Stables. My niece had never ridden a horse and wanted to have that experience. My husband and I had ridden last year at another stable. They were very pleased with the experience. I went with them to check in and found the guide and other man who was working there very friendly. The price was very reasonable. They opted for the shorter trail since this was a first time experience for my niece. When they returned from the trail they both said it was a great ride. It was a little unnerving on the high trails for my niece but she never felt extremely scared. The guide was very encouraging and both horses were very gentle. They did say that they were doing some logging on the mountain and were not able to go quite as far up the mountain as they usually do. We would definitely return for another ride. As the other reviewer said, the guide was hard-working and friendly, the horses were gentle and it was a good value for a good time!

Visited April 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“The Worest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you want to go horseback riding wait until you can go somewhere else. The trail is all uphill, the guides couldn't care any less about your experience and the equipment should have been replaced years ago. I feel sorry for the horses.

Visited June 2011
Seville, Spain
3 attraction reviews
“No Pretensions, Fun and Cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My family visited Queen's Farms Stables in August, 2011. We were a mixed-ability group of riders: several kids with no experience, two adults who'd never been on a horse, one professional horse trainer and one experienced rider. This is a simple, unpretentious two-person operation; very local and no frills, but rather charming as a result, since the area is filled with slick, smooth-talking guides with canned anecdotes and jokes, and there's none of that here. Just an obviously hard-working man and a woman, a stable full of obedient, gentle horses, and some lovely, woodsy trails with varying terrain. My 11 and 7-year olds were enchanted with the experience and fell in love with their docile mounts, as did my 60-year-old, non-rider sister and brother-in law. My husband, the professional horse-trainer, found nothing to criticize, and I had a great time, too. The genuineness and lack of slickness of the operation was refreshing, and the price was quite a bit cheaper than some of the nearby offerings (Cataloochee Ranch, for example). Good value for the money, and horses that were utterly reliable. The man in charge was attentive to the youngest child in the group at all times, and made sure he was safe and moving along with the others. Take the longer ride (I think it's 90 minutes) rather than the shorter one, as it keeps going uphill through verdant, narrow trails, and the up-and-down terrain makes the ride more fun.

Visited August 2011