“A Welcome Breath of Fresh Air” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pisgah Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesville
Pisgah Inn
You added Pisgah Inn to your Saves list
Milepost 408.6, Blue Ridge Pkwy., Waynesville, NC 28786   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Kentucky
“A Welcome Breath of Fresh Air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Perched high upon the mountain top, this charming property has an enviable location and breathtaking scenery. During our stay, the Pisgah Inn was in the final stages of opening its newest building and renovating its older rooms with new fixtures and furniture which were both comfortable and stylish. It is important to note that the rooms are on the smaller side and the bathrooms are *really* small; nevertheless, each has a refrigerator and a balcony with two rocking chairs overlooking the most amazing view of the Blue Ridge Mountains I have every had the pleasure of enjoying.

In addition to the hotel, the Pisgah Inn also has a restaurant on site, which my husband and I enjoyed for both dinner and breakfast. In addition to the fantastic view from our table, we were treated to two amazingly good meals. The menu is surprisingly creative (trail-mix encrusted trout? So good!) and the wine list was extensive, too.

Our stay at this Inn had the feeling of timelessness from the days of old when road-trips were still unique and before the proliferation of chain-hotels. Ultimately, I wish we had booked more than just one night, as I could feel myself unwinding with each passing rock on my balcony chair.

• Liked — Location! Location! Location! (and the restaurant!)
  • Disliked — small bathroom (importantly, the sink is outside the room with the shower and toilet)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

We loved staying at the Mt. Pisgah Inn. You absolutely can not beat the location. The reason I only give it only an "above average" rating is that the rooms are very basic hotel rooms, nothing fancy, and the bathrooms are small. The views are fantastic, though, and the restaurant on property was very nice. It was great to be able to go for a hike, take a hot shower, and then go to the dining room and have a nice meal. The service was great -- we ate dinner and breakfast there. We loved climbing to Mt. Pisgah and highly recommend the trail up.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

My family and I absolutely love the Pisgah Inn. We had a long weekend
there in September and have already booked a week for the 4th of July. I've been going there since the early 90's and try to get there
at least once/year. The rooms are spartan--no cable or fancy beds. But the view is incomparable! We love to sit on the balcony and watch
the birds. It is the best place to de-stress. And the restaurant is fantastic as well.

• Liked — View
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

My husband & I just returned from a two week trip through the Smoky/Blue Ridge Mountain areas and the Pisgah Inn was one of our favorites. The view was incredible!

Since this was our lowest-cost inn, we weren't expecting alot. What we found was a nice & clean motel-style room with a view that could not be outdone! Our check-in process was fine - quick & smooth. We had an upstairs queen room - the linens & furniture were fine and we appreciated the balcony rocking chairs and having the sink outside the bathroom.
We had both dinner & breakfast in the restaurant. We were impressed with the food quality and our servers were helpful and friendly.

We consider this a 'must-stay' if you are in the area!

• Liked — The view & value
  • Disliked — Nothing - everything was fine
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

Watch out when making your reservations using their online reservation program...or you'll pay for it. It locked up for me while I was making the reservation, so I repeated the reservation process. The second time I got a confirmation notice from their system, as I expected. When I got to the Inn they told me I had reserved two rooms. I explained that maybe this happened when the system locked up and I had to start my reservation process over again. There were only two of us, I certainly didn't need to have reserved two rooms. It didn't matter they said, I didn't cancel the reservation, so I would be charged for the room! How could I cancel a reservation I didn't know I had made, I asked? They ( the general manager) said I should have noticed the problem and canceled the room. I objected and said that it could have been their problem with their system that caused this mistake. They said they've never had a problem with their system! If I didn't like it, I could take it up with my credit card company, they would be charging me for the room I didn't cancel...the room I didn't know I had. The customer is never right at the Pisgah Inn, nor obviously valued. In my opinion, their business practices are questionable and the staff is rude.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The staff and the food -- both were terrible
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I just returned from my 7th trip to Mt. Pisgah Inn. Usually we are autumn visitors, but this time we visited in July. I was happy to see a room was available for Sunday night, so I booked it on their website, arrived Sunday with no problems. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful to a traveler ahead of me in line, who was having trouble finding a room on parkway. I repeat, the desk clerk offered her many helpful alternatives as Pisgah was booked, as was most of Asheville. I also received friendly service when it was my turn to check in with the same clerk. I find it hard to believe a previous poster got rude service. I never have. I think there must be more to the story than we are being told. We love the Pisgah Inn for the following reasons: It is quiet, it has the best vista on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If they had not built an Inn there, it certainly would have been the most popular pull-off on the Parkway because you can see forever. My room had been spruced up... there was new carpet, new curtains, and on my balcony was 2 new rocking chairs with a table to match. I can sit for hours watching the view; the distant lights flickering on the countless ranges of mountains as the sun goes down. Small towns that were not apparent before come to life and glow in the distance. It's fun trying to figure out which town I am looking at with my binoculars. In the restaurant, we enjoyed (as always) delicious meals. The trout is incredible. Some items do sell out as the day wears on. I ordered the soup of the day only to be told it was sold out and the waitress offered me cream of asparagus instead. I gladly accepted the change, these things do happen, and did not see it as the end of the world as a previous poster did. Also the cheesecake had sold out. Hey, it's fresh and very popular. So they offered us bourbon pecan pie or chocolate silk pie. Both were good. Note: I did not cry because they were out of cheesecake. It had rained, and the entire restaurant got to see a rarity: a full arch rainbow stretching across the valley before us. It remained brilliant for at least 15 minutes. I had never experienced that before.
The following morning we again got excellent service from an entirely different wait staff in the restaurant. Excellent breakfast, better than Dennys or IHOP, that's for sure. Also received friendly check out from the female desk clerk this morning. I will be back this fall, but for those of you who are looking for a 4 star luxury hotel, with hot tubs and bar, etc, this is not the place for you and please don't come here. If you enjoy nature, watching hummingbirds and hawks, sunsets and quiet serenity, then this is the place. I love it, and can't belive the National Park Service did not build more of these along the parkway. It's a gem.

• Liked — The breathtaking beauty of being on the very edge of a high mountain atop the Blue Ridge.
  • Disliked — The bathroom is small, but I got over that. The shower is great!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

The Pisgah Inn is a great place to go relax. The rooms are average, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. The balcony with two rocking chairs on it was nice to sit and look at the view. I will definately go back.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pisgah Inn? Share your experiences!