“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Waynesville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Little Mountain, South Carolina
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Called earlier in the day to make a 6 pm reservation. The person we were talking to suggested we wait until 6:45 and the dining experience would be much better. We did, and she was right. When we arrived, we were greeted by name ( never been there) seated almost immediately by the owner and had great service and food the entire visit. I had the sirloin which was a thick cut ,almost as good and tender as a filet. The fried oyster appetizer was the best. The Cobb salad was good but didn't care for the fried chicken strips in it. They didn't seem to be homemade like all the other items our party had. It was obvious the owner is giving attention to detail and striving to build a successful business. Look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Excellent Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have not eaten dinner at this venue, but have had lunch here twice. Both visits have been very pleasing. While this place is not in the main street area, it is not far from downtown. The first thing I notice in any place I dine is sanitation....their rating has consistently been 100%. This is a sure sign of professional management. Their restrooms are immaculate. Good sanitation is almost always a reliable indicator of food quality. I had one of the best roast beef dip sandwiches I have ever had and the rest of our party of four were also equally pleased with their selection. I plan to eat dinner here in the near future....I'll bet it is good.

Visited July 2014
Illinois
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stumbled across Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale while looking for a bite to eat after a long day on the road. It was an unscheduled stop which I'm totally glad we made. The food was fantastic and the presentation equal to it. We could tell that there was a lot of care put into it. The atmosphere was very pleasant. We were slightly under=dressed in t-shirts and shorts, but were treated very kindly. We would definitely recommend this restaurant! It was a pleasant surprise and treat!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vero Beach, Florida
“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped there while we were in town and we were really impressed with the place. We sat at the bar, the bartender, Tony, was great, and my margarita was delicious. Their bread is very good, and their steak stew, which we had as a 'soup' was outstanding. We both had the horseradish crusted salmon with polenta scallion hushpuppies. Fabulous!! We'll be back for sure.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indian Trail
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have never had a bad meal. Love their sandwiches, steaks, meatloaf is to die for (wrapped in bacon). French onion soup is great too. Tonight I had the sirlion. It is more like a fillet but at a better price. It was tender, juicy, and amazing flavor.

We used to think of this as one of our hidden treasures. Not anymore. I advise calling for reservations during busy times. Great meal in this resort town.