“Well worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Bryson City, North Carolina
“Well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

PJ Farmer my food rep suggested this place for dinner with friends. We arrived at 4:30 and were told we should have made reservations, especially on the weekend. She graciously found us a table and seated us anyway. Our waitress highly recommended the sirloin. We ordered the fish and chips and the sirloin. Excellent!! The sirloin was cooked perfectly, tender and tasty. The fish was fresh and the beer batter was light and crispy. Great quiet atmosphere and efficient wait staff. We are looking forward to dining here again.

Bryson City, North Carolina
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a new restaurant to try and Bourbon Barrel Beef was recommended by a friends food purveyor. We arrived at 4:30 and were told we should have made reservations, especially on the weekend. She graciously found us a table and seated us anyway. Our waitress highly recommended the sirloin. We ordered the fish and chips and the sirloin. Excellent!! The sirloin was cooked perfectly, tender and tasty. The fish was fresh and the beer batter was light and crispy. Great quiet atmosphere and efficient wait staff. We are looking forward to dining here again.

Waynesville, NC
“A little off the beaten path, but so worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This little restaurant is located in a part of town called Hazelwood, on Hazelwood Ave. Most of the restaurants, taverns, and retail in town are located on Main St so this little gem is a true find. We arrived with a party of six on a busy Friday. Initial impressions were that it was nicely done, the bar was awesome looking done in hammered copper, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Our table was a very large booth, really cozy. We ordered several appetizers for the table, a roasted red pepper and artichoke dip, fried pickles which were amazing and were told they were made in house. Entrees were delicious. The Sirloin was like none I had ever tried. It was a super thick cut with a bourbon glaze, awesome. We had a great time and I will be back soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canton, North Carolina
“Best restaurant in Haywood County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had out of town guests and decided to try somewhere new. What a delightful surprise. We all ordered a different main course and they were all outstanding. The beef was delicious and the vegetarian stuffed pepper dish was beautifully presented and quite wonderful. The atmosphere was casual and very warm. The wait staff were charming. Quite the best restaurant in Haywood County. We will be back soon!

Cherokee, North Carolina
“The Absolute Best Kept Secret in WNC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Monday Jan 28th, I was looking for a place to take a couple of Great Friends who deserve only the absolute best for all they have done for me over the last few months. after numerous phone calls to several good places that have Great Reputaions in the Western NC area west of Asheville and relatively close to Cherokee non of which were open on Monday Evenings, I found the Bourbon Barrel in Hazelwood on trip Advisor. I have to admitt I am usually reluctant to try an establisment that I have heard nothing about. Howevever this is an awsome place from the inital Phone call around 4:00 pm and speaking with Gary the dinnining experience just continued to evolve into and incredible epicurine experience. The Menu seemed accomadating even though I was disappointed to not see a major Beef Item as an entree on the web site everyting else appeared to be to my guest and my liking, Especially after attempting to get Prime Rib on Saturday night in Maggie Valley only to be informed a 5:45 the resturant was out of PR, I want name the resturant but I was still craving my carnivirous delight on Monday but was willing to settle for good Seafood instead, But to my absolute delight upon arriving at BBB&A on Monday eveneing Gary who was absolutlly an amazing host, waiter and not so sure he wasn't doing the kitchen work as well all with incrdible efficency and hospitallity informed us of the Specials which included a Center Cut Heart of the Ribeye, "Wow God Does Provide Manna from Above". I have to admitt this was one of the absolute best meals any of have had in a long time. The Appetizers we had were Fried pickels and Oyster and they were over the top also, This was a Great experience and a pure delight to find it wasn't cheap but it was not over priced for the quality and service we got all for 3 of us with appetizers and for less than $90,00. This is a great little secret and I am sorry to have to reveal it but Gary and the staff deserve all the accolades they are amazing. Jim and my Indian Friends

• Visited January 2013