“Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Juliette, United States
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Visited Frogs Leap on Sunday morning for brunch. I had made a copy of their menu, and it suggested to call for reservations. I did and the hostess explained that it was not a brunch buffet, but ordered from menu. That was fine with us. Made reservation for 11:30, which is the time they opened. My husband and I ordered from their cheese selection, and both selections were very good. I highly recommend the Herb something - cannot remember full name, but very tasty. THe only thing we suggested to them was we needed four slices of bread rather than three. My main course was the flatbread, very good; my husband had the brisket sandwich, also highly recommended. Waitstaff was very attentive but not overbearing. Overall very good experience and will definitely do back

Sylva, North Carolina
“ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I don't recall ever posting a review on Trip Advisor, but after being absolutely impressed by FLPH, I feel compelled to share my experiences! I have been an executive chef at a fine dining establishment in the past, and have managed several restaurants, now am part owner of a restaurant in a nearby town, and I must say that I am ecstatic to have a restaurant that I can enjoy dining at. I am overly critical of restaurants and therefore often choose to bite my tongue instead of sharing my opinions. That having been said, I am in love with this awesome place. Stepping in the door you are greeted with the enticing aroma of smoked meats and it is sooooo good! We had a reservation because, as is well deserved, this is one of the busiest restaurants in Waynesville, and were seated promptly upon arrival. We were immediately greeted with ice water and we placed our drink order. The cocktails were refreshingly awesome. Its nearly impossible to get an old fashioned that's not made with maraschino cherries and less than impressive bitters, but FLPH was on point with their old fashioned! Thank you to whoever the well trained bar tender was that evening. We leisurely sipped our drinks while perusing the well written menu, we love the presentation of their menus on clip boards by the way! Our server answered the few questions we had without hesitation. This restaurant clearly has very good lines of communication between the kitchen and front of the house and has well trained staff. I ordered a pork chop that was delightful. This first visit was some time ago, so I can't recall the sides I had, but I do remember completely clearing my plate and being perfectly content. After the meal I mentioned to our very polite and helpful server that should the kitchen recommend the pork cooked medium that it may well be in their best interest to make sure it is prepared properly (especially as that is how I prefer my pork and would have ordered regardless of the kitchen's recommendation). There was no need to bring this up earlier and have a new pork chop prepared because it was still incredibly moist and absolutely delicious despite being overcooked. With no exaggeration, that was probably the best pork chop I have ever eaten, and I WILL order it again in the near future, medium haha! My girlfriend ordered the meatloaf and it took her 3 days to finish it because of how massive it was! The meatloaf was another awesome meal and I couldn't even fathom considering any type of complaint regarding it. I realize I am writing a short novel, but I will continue because I want everyone to realize how awesome this place is. The second time we visited was yesterday afternoon around 1 and again had a reservation just in case they were packed. We were greeted by our server from our first visit, she was the manager on duty and we were glad to see her again, and felt very welcomed because she remembered everything about us except our names, but I couldn't remember hers either so no hurt feelings. We had some amazing Bloody Mary's and then I had the best eggs Benedict of my life. I may have pushed my luck by asking for shaved red onions to top my eggs, as I normally am not a "substituter" having been in the server industry my entire life. I got my onions though and it was epic! My girlfriend had the frittatta and was more than happy, I finished it this morning becuase it was again too large of a portion to finish. The frittatta must have consisted of about 6 eggs!!! We unfortunately didn't have room to be adventurous with their substantial dessert list, but we enjoyed some mango sorbet that finished the experience perfectly. All the staff here will be seeing a lot more of us, and we look forward to becoming regulars!!! My one regret ... I tried almost every other restaurant in WNC before getting to Frog's Leap, hopefully I can save somebody some time and money by saying "Just go to FLPH and fall in love like I have!!!" Regarding price, this isn't inexpensive, but is most definately priced according to their far-to-fork mentality. More customers need to take into consideration that you are paying for quality good-for-you food, and you pay for what you get. I'd gladly spend my money here. See ya'll next Sunday!!!

Sylva, North Carolina
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Love love love this place! The food is on point! This was our second visit and both times we were impressed. The first time we went we had an amazing arugula pistachio salad and two great entrees. The cocktails were perfect too. This time we had brunch and couldn't pass up another delicious arugula salad with fried goat cheese balls and fresh peaches. The Benedict was to die for! Everything about it was perfect! And we both had perfect bloody Mary's as well- delicious! We have decided to make this an every Sunday that we can thing to do! Our favorite restaurant by far! Service is great too!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We made reservations for an early dinner at the Frog's Leap Public House because an evening theatre performance was also on the agenda. Arriving at 5:30 p.m. we were one of only a few couples but the hostess assured us the restaurant would fill quickly and she was right. A half hour later there were almost no empty tables. We support the concepts of "farm to table" and "buying local" and this restaurant does both with great success. The chef does an excellent job of letting the food speak for itself and we found our dishes to be fresh and delicious. The caesar salad came with gritcake and buttermilk dressing, topped with tobacco onion. A bowl of the summer squash bisque was silky and not oversalted. The bacon and basil grilled sunburst trout with potato-garlic hash, grilled vegetables and a basil aioli was some of the best we ever tasted as was the sauteed chicken breast, saffron rice and fresh spinach topped with a wonderful shitake-artichoke marsala sauce. A small basket of savory and sweet muffins and biscuits came with Amish made butter and a pot of sweet potato spread rounding out a wonderful meal. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the wait staff and hostess were attentive and gracious and we enjoyed reading a list of local food sources posted in the dining room. All in all a fining dining experience. The Frogs Leap Public House heads our list of restaurants the next time we return to Waynesville.

• Visited June 2014
Chicago
“delicious food, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were surprised to find that we could not be seated right away in this place, since there were many empty tables. The hostess directed us to their bar area, where I ordered a disappointing ginger-based cocktail (too sweet and completely devoid of ginger flavor) and spouse had a beer. We got seated in the restaurant quite quickly, and our food was good, but perhaps not worth the high price tag. When we go back to Waynesville I may return here, but it won't be a priority.

Visited July 2014