“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Waynesville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Better late, than never:
My husband and I were lucky enough to stumble upon this wonderful restaurant last August (2011) while vacationing in the area. I am still DREAMING of the amazing, freshly-made cocktails, and the creative and mouth-watering small plates that we shared (smoked pork served over homemade cornmeal pancake topped with slaw!! OMG!).
I have never experienced farm-to-table quite like this - Extraordinary! To top it off, the staff is wonderful. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the atmosphere.
If you are in the Maggie Valley, Waynesville, Ashville area - RUN, don't walk, to this place as fast as you can. Definitely the best dining experience we had during our week long visit. I'm still thinking about it almost a year later!

Now, if only it weren't so far away...

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

stone mountain ga.
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have visited Frogs Leap several times since they opened. Most recently, Friday May 25th. As in past visits, they did not disappoint. Salads as divine, wonderful dressings and greens are served cold, as they should be. Entrees, we had three different ones between the four of us, from chicken to pork, were delicious. We asked for the recipe for the wonderful chicken dish, an Airline cut breast which was wonderful, and were given the ingredients( which we will try to duplicate). What a great dish. The Chef is very creative and the food is worth a return visit. The only suggestion we would have is that the wine glass served should be a more generous serving.
We'll be back with twelve friends next weekend!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North CArolina
“Best place in Town- hands down honest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Amazing menu items,
Superb service
Great value for money
This place Rocks!

Visited May 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Some good things but untrained staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have now dined/lunched at the FLPH five times and my experience has been the same each time. The menu is varied both in terms of items and portion size, something I really appreciate. Some of the dishes are excellent and others are not so successful with far too much salt being a big issue. One can add salt but if is a dish is too salty - the ravioli last night - the goat cheese stuffed chicken several nights before- one cannot save it.
My biggest criticism has to be some of the staff. I like the friendliness of the area in general but when I sit down to dinner with friends I want to visit with them NOT with my wait person. I do not wish to have staff patting my back or my arm, telling me their favourite dish, telling me why they need to refill glasses (just do it) and generally chatting through (and over) the diners' conversation. Returning to the table once after diners have had a chance to sample a course to determine if anything else is required is appreciated; returning three times with a perky "is everything ok?' which it seems is less of a question and more of an opening gambit for more chatter is not appreciated!
So my recommendations to FLPH would be back off the salt and make the staff aware that this is a social event for the diners NOT for the waitstaff.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Farm to table - local foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was so good we wanted to return again and again! We were very pleased to find Kenny's cheese from KY on the menu!

Visited May 2012