“Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

+1 828-246-9130
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 96 restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch with local produce and fresh not frozen products. Menu includes biscuits and gravy, homemade corned beef hash, omelets, french toast, quiche, burger, BLT, Reuben, Stuffin Turkey, hand-cut fries, soups, salads and daily dessert. Cleanest restaurant in Waynesville. Open for Sunday Brunch 9 am to 2 pm offering selected breakfast & lunch items all day, Monday,Tuesday,Friday & Saturday 9 am to 2:30 pm serving breakfast and lunch. Come enjoy our casual and friendly environment with original local artists' work displayed on our walls.
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hubby got the sourdough french toast, three yummy slices with two strips of crunch bacon... I got the scrambled eggs with grits and bacon with a biscuit. The grit portion was very small, but very good. The bacon was nice and crispy, the biscuit was heavenly. Agree the portions were not huge, but the food was very good, and more important, not like all restaurants... it was extremely clean, which I love. Will go back again. Our first visit was for lunch, I had the thanksgiving sandwich on sourdough (toasted), it was especially good!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Perfect sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped in here with some friends while we were visiting Waynesville during the arts and crafts festival. We were famished and the reuben sandwiches here was to die for! Yummy!

Visited October 2012
Madeira Beach, FL
“2 meals both pretty average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

While I like the concept of fresh foods and locally obtained produce, I'm not sure this place is anything above "average". Dined with 3 others and all meals were O.K. Rueben sandwich was sort of greasy. Chef salad - while fresh and lots of greens, had little substance.

Gave them a 2nd chance with a breakfast visit and had the quiche, which was reported to be the "lightest & fluffiest in the county". I love quiche, but, didn't love this one. It was light and fluffy, with a nice crust, but, had little flavor. The texture was close to whipped cream.

Service was good on both visits. Coffee is very good.

Visited October 2012
“When in Waynesville, this is a great lunch stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everything was very good, the "thick-sliced"bacon on the BLT was actually thin and the BLT was light on amount if ingredients but very tasty. The $1.99 upgrade to a salad from the fries led to a very small pile of salad on the plate, once again very good though. I would eat here again, just know the details.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plant City, Florida
“A pleasant surprise on Main Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family of 5 was looking for a quick meal on a rainy day during our vacation. I knew downtown didn't have a lot of easy choices for our tough to please family of 5 but Cafe 50 more than exceeded our expectations. I have two young boys and a teenage daughter. The 6 year old enjoyed a big hotdog, the 3 year old devoured his grilled cheese and my teenage daughter and wife enjoyed their brats. I had an excellent cheeseburger.

Not only was the food better than we expected but the service was great as well. Several of the waitstaff talked to my boys and constantly checked on us throughout our meal.

We will definitely be back and will tell anyone we can about this jewel of a restaurant in downtown Waynesville.

Visited August 2012