“Great place for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friends and I always head to Apple Creek Cafe when we are in town. It's away from all the tourist stuff and its where the locals go. They offer a variety of soups and sandwiches. Inside, it's decorated in a cute country look (fitting for the area). Friendly staff, tasty food.

Visited June 2012

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Way too expensive and very poor quality food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I found this place to be expensive and the food was less than average. The woman taking the order was rude to me and when she answered the phone. The blasting old time rock and roll in the background was offensive!!! My suggestion- don't waste your money here! They seem to have forgotten that this is Waynesville NC not some large city where one would expect to pay well over $20 for luch for two!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Incredibly overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I were passing through on the way to Sylva. The moment we walked in the door we found the place to be a bit dated. The woman taking our order seemed to be in a hurry and appeared annoyed that we asked how menu items were prepared. A sandwich, a bowl of soup and 2 sodas was nearly $20.00. The food was underseasoned. I'm willing to pay for quality food but this was not quality food. Besides being outdated and a little tacky, the place was noisy and the chairs uncomfortable. Steer clear!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Waynesville, North Carolina
“pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Average sandwich for a lot of money especially since it's almose self serve.

“Amazing sandwiches in cute country atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

If I want a great homemade sandwich when I go to the mountains, I go to Apple Creek. The tuna salad is great, the club sandwiches are more than I can eat so I share with my husband. My husband's favorite is the egg salad.
It is on a back road in Waynesville so I imagine most of their customers are local. While I was sitting here today, I heard several people order their "regular". Several came in for to go orders they had called in.
The menu is versatile. Several members of my family were with me and everyone got something different. If you want a greasy burger go to McDonalds. If you want a great homemade sandwich and a piece of homemade coconut cake, go to Apple Creek Cafe. For a dollar more it is worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere