“Relax and Enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Relax and Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We happen upon "The Patio" yesterday and elected to have lunch there. What a treat.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The soup and sandwich special hit the spot.
Great flavor and good portions - just right for a light lunch. Best of all was the patio. Reminded us of a New Orleans out of the way cafe. Located just off Main Street it is a gem. We will be back

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We dropped in at 2:30 for late lunch and found food on the floor and dirty tables, including 2 that had a variety of cleaning supplies on one and a box with tools on the other. The food was very average, except for my pasta salad, which should have been dumped at noon.

Visited August 2013
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Good quality food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just recently visited the Patio for a weekend lunch. My wife has dined there multiple times in the past with good experience. Our recent visit was with friends and all food was very flavorful and had good presentation. The price was very reasonable as well. A brief rain shower didn't hamper the outdoor eating experience, as we all sat close to the table under the umbrella. I would definitely dine there again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Terrible experience with food and owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was visiting from Charlotte, NC and my friend was kind enough to look for a place where I could eat a healthy meal. I ordered the Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and as soon as my plate was brought to the patio outside and started eating I noticed the lettuce was not crisp and fresh, it was wilted. I picked out what was visible tot he eye and started eating, however as I went on I realized almost half of my plate was not edible and I took my plate back to ask for half of my money back or maybe something else for TO GO since I was pressed with time.

The owner (at least she had the air of one) was very nasty, disrespectful and offered me a half a sandwich after a demanded ( after many requests) my money back and she asked me to leave the premises or she will call the police. I managed high end restaurants and also worked at small mom and pop places in my teen years, but I have never in my life either been treated like this or been escourted out of a restaurant! Never!

While this was a first for me, I only hope the lady got some time to think about how her reactions can cost her in the end because making another plate of fresh food for someone is cheaper then feeling terrible or simply ruining someones lunch.

I have a health issue and finding fresh food in a small town sometimes can be a challenge so in the end I felt bad because I did not know what kind of a person she is, if I knew this will happen I would not have said a word and maybe purchased something else. I felt bad because I thought I may have ruined her day just as much as she ruined my lunch.

My suggestion is make sure you ask to see the lettuce before you order a salad. Everything else seemed rather fresh and healthy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the Patio Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The Chicken Salad was good. My roasted-vegetable soup was good. My friend's Roast Beef and Provolone sandwich was good. Dining outside in such a pleasant day was great!

• Visited June 2013