“Wish We Could Have Stayed Another Week!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10 off all Rooms/Suites
Ranked #2 of 22 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Wish We Could Have Stayed Another Week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I made reservations at Oak Hill on Love Lane for the end of my husband and I's road trip. I wasn't sure what to expect because I've never really thought of myself as a B&B person (we are both in our early 30s and introverted types). But let me just say that Deb and Shel are amazing innkeepers!! I'm a clean freak, and even I could feel comfortable in my spotless room--Deb cleaned it twice a day. There was also the three-course breakfasts (AMAZING!!), freshly baked sweets in the afternoon, lavender sprayed on our pillows during the nightly bed turn-down (chocolates and ice water left on our bed stand), and superior concierge service as Deb and Shel continually went above and beyond our expectations. Shel even loaned us an ice chest so we could have lunch on our hike! Don't look any further. STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Rooms look just like the pics. All are beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My brother and I visited Waynesville/Asheville for a bicycling trip, and we were both exceptionally pleased with our stay at Oak Hill. Deb and Shell are the most accommodating couple one could imagine meeting, and their hospitality (and cooking!) made the trip memorable. The house itself is beautiful, with tons of character and class. Our room was impeccably well-kept, and every last detail was addressed. Every single one of the breakfast dishes was delicious, and they even sent us off each day with a couple of fantastic homemade muffins. I was sad to leave after four nights.

I could go on and on about the specific details, but just know that if you're looking to stay anywhere in the area, you won't find a nicer place than Oak Hill. I give it my highest recommendation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Looking for a stopover on a leisurely trip between Atlanta and Chapel Hill we couldn't have made a better choice. Unique, quaint and very well maintained B and B with active and personal attention of owners themselves. The location on a large wooded lot in a neighborhood setting was perfect. The wrap around porch with wicker rockers made our afternoon glass of wine with a good book even more enjoyable. Rooms were spacious, quiet and very comfortable. Everything you want and expect from a top notch small inn. Waynesville itself was a pleasant suprise and wish we could have added at least another day. The restaurant the innkeeprs offered as one of several suggestions was perfect and delightful. Breakfast was light but tasty and the persoanl service made it memorable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

My family stayed with Shell and Deb for three nights - and were absolutely treated like royalty! We appreciated their accomodations and effort to meet our every need! The house is gorgeous - the food delicious....and we just enjoyed our time from the moment we walked in! Definitely a place we hope to return to!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family travelled to Waynesville for a family funeral in January. With no family left in the area, we sought a location where we could gather with extended family and remember my grandmother. Deb and Shell went way above and beyond to accommodate us and made our stay stressless and comforting. I would love to visit again under better circumstances.

The rooms are lovely and tastefully decorated. The food is fabulous!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I have nothing to add to the statement of everything, including the innkeepers, house, meals, and everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better leisure activity.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

If you are planning a visit to Waynesville and are looking for a "home away from home," Oak Hill should be at the top of your list. Not only is the inn beautiful, but it has such a cozy feeling (we were there in January and loved the fireplaces in the rooms!). Shell and Deb are the consummate hosts and go above and beyond to ensure the comfort of their guests. I have specific dietary needs and leading up to my arrival, Deb called to ask if there was anything in particular I would like for breakfast to make sure I would be able to enjoy my meal as much as my other travel companions. They even gave us some fresh-baked muffins for the road when we left! I felt like I was visiting a couple I'd known for years. I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!