“HAD FUN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Washington N.C.
“HAD FUN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I don't eat in the Restaurant much but I do go in the Lounge often. I always have a great time and the bartenders are great. Friday nights are the best with live music. I think if people would tell their hostest or a manager when there is something wrong, they could fix the problem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Labor day weekend, my family and I heard...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010 via mobile

Labor day weekend, my family and I heard the food was good, and it was fairly priced. It was completely wrong!! The service immediately sucked, we ordered an appetizer, and got it when we were finished with our dinner, and when we turned them down, the waitress gave us a dirty look and rolled her eyes..we waited 20 minutes for our drinks, then no refills, and the oysters claimed to be fresh, tasted everything but fresh. We were among 6 other tables all complaining about our food, and service. we had to remind the waitress our dinner came with a salad and demi bread. Oh what a horrible dinner, and the majority of the time we witnessed other tables getting orders wrong, and waiting on drinks as well. It was a disaster of a restaurant!!
I would never recommend this or eat there ever again. You'd be better off serving yourself!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I have eaten many time at Blackbeard's. The breakfast and dinner menus are great with selection to please any type of person. I had dinner there just last week and I must admit it was one of the best dinner's I have had out at any restaurant. The service was good, the food was great and a good price. You always get a lot of food for your money. I was even told they are reducing their prices soon because of the economy! If you ever go to Washington - check it out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington N.C.
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I think Blackbeards is a nice place! the family that owns it has done lots of work to the outside and the inside. the menus have been re-done to lower the prices! there are some hard working people there that put their heart in it. GOOD WORK YOU GUYS! the music on Friday nights has been FUN!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great breakfast selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Blackbeard’s is signed on the left on Rte 17, Carolina Avenue at corner of Washington Street , heading into town. Fortunately the breakfast fare inside is much more impressive than the outside of the ramshackle building. It’s decorated with paintings and memorabilia concerning the notorious Blackbeard, a British-born pirate who allegedly lived in the area.
At 9am on a Saturday, a few families were already seated at this popular eatery on comfortable wooden chairs at plastic topped tables. The breakfast menu is very extensive with all sorts of options. My friend had egg and biscuits (like dried English scones) plus a generous bowl of really delicious stewed apple. I went for a platter of country ham, spicy link (excellent sausage), fried egg sunny side up, crispy bacon, shredded hash browns and toast. There was an endless supply of coffee for our large mugs plus butter, jelly(jam) and so on. Great service, great breakfast! Total $16.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere