“Bargain Price in Out of the Way Location” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12318 Wake Union Church Road, Wake Forest, NC 27587   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wake Forest
Newport News, VA
“Bargain Price in Out of the Way Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Hampton Inn maintains the same good standards of all Hampton Inns, but is not usually busy due to its off-the-main-road location. Lobby and breakfast areas have just been renovated. It has several suites, with several different layouts. Very nice, quiet location with a popular restaurant next door (breafast and lunch only).

Room Tip: This is a good Hilton hotel to use your HH points. Book a standard room for 7,500 points and there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonwf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. We know that you have choices when traveling and are so glad that you chose us. We are excited to learn that you had a great experience here and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Wake Forest area.

Beth Rose
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were here once before and liked the folks there. We returned this year. Very friendly staff, great ladies in the breakfast buffet and very nice choices for breakfast.
It could use an update and better cleaning of the bathrooms. My floor was terribly sticky, most likely from accumulated hair spray. I know the cleaners in most hotels hardly ever wash the floors. Cleaning routine probably is to use the old bath towels to do a quick wipe up, doesn't look like cleaners were used. I houseclean on the side for over 30 yrs, I know what clean is, I know the shortcuts the hotels maids take.
We got a King room, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We slept great!
We noticed the breakfast area and lobby were changed, very nice update, extra seating now available.

Room Tip: How can we compare unless we try several rooms. But we were on the 3rd floor, no noise from above. W...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the last 10 years, usually about a six months to a year between trips. During my recent stay the lobby was getting a makeover, which it needed, but the focus should probably be on the rooms. When I arrived in my room it had an odor like it had been sealed off without air for a long time. The air conditioner didn't work very well, and certainly didn't make the air in the room any better. The furniture and carpet was pretty heavily worn, the carpet actually had lumps in it like it had been pulled up and not put back down properly. The red flag was in the morning when I woke up turned on the bathroom light, and saw a bug scurrying behind the toilet tank.

The high points were that is does have a great TV in the room, Internet speed was okay, and it is a quiet hotel. Hopefully they get this place back in shape, since there are not a lot of choices in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Harts, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very comfortable beds. Had small issue with reservation, but was upgraded to a king suite. All worked out without hassle. Breakfast was good. Liked the frozen food that could be heated up. Accommodating to kids. Regular rooms kind of small.Very clean and extremely convenient.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seville, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was my second stay at this Hotel. During my previous stay they were doing construction around the reception desk in August 2012. This time the other side of the lobby was under repair and the gym had been relocated to a large guest room on the first floor. These were however not the main problem with the property.
1. Poor service. I waited to check in while the reception clerk remained on the phone for several minutes with a customer on the phone that did not seem happy. I was not acknowledged either verbally or with any hand gestures. I also asked about the pool hours, which were provided and for them to find my Hilton Rewards number, because I did not have the card with me. The clerk was unable to find me in the data base and asked that I call the 800 number. I requested that he call the 800 number after he was unable to find my number under my August reservation. I am sending this problem with my other complaints to Marriott.
2. Troubled Follow Through: I complained that the pool I had used and that was listed as available on the Hotel's web site was not actually open when I went the next morning. Apparently, it had been out of service for some time. A different clerk, not the manager apologized. I also complained that one of the guests on my end of the property had two dogs and had propped the back door open the night before after taking them for a walk. I had closed the door, but when I asked about this I was told that this guest was not in a dog approved room and that dogs were only allowed for special needs. This clerk told me that she would ask the manager to give me a free night for inconvenience. I also was asked for a physical description of the woman who was walking the dogs. I never heard back about this from anyone and received the same bill as I booked online.

Summary: This property's clerks both failed to provided service in both ways. The property is run down and appears to be under permanent repair. They claim to have a working pool, but it does not work. The Rooms are nice, the breakfast is nice as is the location, but they are earning either the price point or their star rating. I intend to take this up with Hampton/Hilton Corporate directly.

Room Tip: There is a back entrance that always has more parking and usually no families.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tappahannock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my second time staying here. My husband and I liked it the first time and decided to stay again. We like it because of its location (outside of Raleigh) and the cost is a little lower. The only downside was that the air conditioner/heating unit was not quite up to par. We went out on a Saturday and set the thermostat to 68, but when we got back towards evening, the room didn't feel like 68. It was comfortable enough to cover up with the quilt. Other than that, I had no complaints.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

For the price, this is just a rock solid place. The branding is fun and lighthearted, you feel welcomed! We got to the front desk, were helped immediately by lovely staff, with a great sense of humor. Got up to the suite-it was lovely, comfy, great bed, big refrig., big tub with jets, two tv's, nice and quiet. For an overnight business stay, it was just right. Loved the room number ID plaques-each and every one had a different black & white photo-fun stuff and clever! Breakfast was fresh, lots of offerings. Breakfast staff was helpful and sweet!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest? Share your experiences!