This was my second stay at this Hotel. During my previous stay they were doing construction around the reception desk in August 2012. This time the other side of the lobby was under repair and the gym had been relocated to a large guest room on the first floor. These were however not the main problem with the property.
1. Poor service. I waited to check in while the reception clerk remained on the phone for several minutes with a customer on the phone that did not seem happy. I was not acknowledged either verbally or with any hand gestures. I also asked about the pool hours, which were provided and for them to find my Hilton Rewards number, because I did not have the card with me. The clerk was unable to find me in the data base and asked that I call the 800 number. I requested that he call the 800 number after he was unable to find my number under my August reservation. I am sending this problem with my other complaints to Marriott.
2. Troubled Follow Through: I complained that the pool I had used and that was listed as available on the Hotel's web site was not actually open when I went the next morning. Apparently, it had been out of service for some time. A different clerk, not the manager apologized. I also complained that one of the guests on my end of the property had two dogs and had propped the back door open the night before after taking them for a walk. I had closed the door, but when I asked about this I was told that this guest was not in a dog approved room and that dogs were only allowed for special needs. This clerk told me that she would ask the manager to give me a free night for inconvenience. I also was asked for a physical description of the woman who was walking the dogs. I never heard back about this from anyone and received the same bill as I booked online.
Summary: This property's clerks both failed to provided service in both ways. The property is run down and appears to be under permanent repair. They claim to have a working pool, but it does not work. The Rooms are nice, the breakfast is nice as is the location, but they are earning either the price point or their star rating. I intend to take this up with Hampton/Hilton Corporate directly.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest Hotel
- Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest Hotel Wake Forest
- Hampton Inn Wake Forest
- Wake Forest Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn hotel in Raleigh/Town of Wake Forest is just a short two miles from downtown's historic district, as well as the galleries, shops and boutiques that dot the town. Offering a range of convenient, modern business and leisure amenities, this hotel in Wake Forest, NC is tailored to the needs of the modern traveler. Work away with the free wireless internet access in each guest room. Get cozy in the clean and fresh Hampton bed® and wake up on your own terms with the Hampton alarm clock.Whether you're planning a corporate meeting or need accommodations for a family reunion, you're guaranteed easy planning and booking tools to help you stay organized. Dine on an array of delicious options at nearby restaurants. Set yourself up for the day ahead with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. If you're in a rush, grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags.Whether you're staying for business or pleasure, there are a range of local of attractions designed for your entertainment. Play a round of golf on the manicured fairways of the nearby golf courses and do a little shopping at the historic downtown district. Whatever the reason you're visiting, you're warmly welcomed to our Hampton Inn hotel in Wake Forest, NC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.