“Absolute Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Absolute Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our sixth visit in the last 15 years, we love this place. However, it has been about five or six years since we have visited. I must say, this was our best visit ever! The rooms and cottages have all been upgraded, the dinners and breakfasts were fantastic and the service was over the top! My wife loved the new linens! Hats off to Danielle for such personal and total attention to our every need. We stayed in the maple springs cottage with our friends across the way in the Gazebo cottage. What fun we had! Spent evenings after walking down to a great dinner at the main house in the jacuzzi drinking wine! Our friends are vegans and the chef did everything so well in adjusting the menu for them, thanks so much! Overall such a terrific visit that we shall be back again shortly! Thanks to the entire staff for their hospitality!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Wellman, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was originally my families property. The Loom House was the original cabin where generations ago my Mast ancestors lived. It had always been my dream to visit there. I must say the innkeepers were exceptionally kind to me.

I stayed in the Loom House and would have slept wonderfully if I hadn't been so busy running my fingers over the logs my ancestors cut. I thought all night about what they might have thought about what became of their homestead. I believe they'd be pleased. I'm not sure about the hot tub in the living room though :)

The breakfast was nothing short of amazing. The grounds were beautifully kept and my daughter and I had fun visiting the bunnies.

I feel as though not only did I discover more of my heritage, I made some new friends. Thanks so much for keeping my family history alive and well.

It's THE stop for a Watauga County Mast genealogist as the family cemetery is just a few steps away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
High Falls NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mast Farm Inn on New Year's Eve and had dinner there. We will definitely return, thanks to the wonderful experience we had. Our room, Nell's Room, was spacious, beautifully decorated, and clean. The king-sized bed was comfortable, and even though the inn was completely full, the room was quiet. We slept SO well! Free WiFi is available, and our room had multiple outlets for charging our phones/Kindles. The New Year's Eve meal was one of the best meals we have ever had...we enjoyed the food by the inn's chef when he worked at Storie Street Grille in Blowing Rock, and his cooking was one of the reasons we wanted to stay at the Mast Farm Inn.
Excellent wine choices were paired with our meals. We chose the exquisite filet mignon as our main course. Our server was attentive and gladly talked to us about the inn's history. Breakfast (blueberry pancakes) was included in the price of the stay. Overall, this was one of the best stays we have ever had in ANY hotel. The prices were plainly posted on the website, and we hope to stay in one of the cottages next time. Great job, historic Mast Farm Inn, great job.

Room Tip: Remember that this is a historic house. We had a room on the second floor and were mindful of our n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and it was heavenly but this visit we just had our Thanksgiving meal here. It was a busy night but they did an awesome job.

Inspired: Service was impeccable

Pro: friendly staff, food, facility, location, atmosphere was wonderful

Con: a little noisy but not much fabric made it that way

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Mast Farm Inn for a few nights in October. It was a very nice experience, as it is a wonderfully restored farm house, converted into a B&B. Breakfasts were very good, contributing to the quality of the stay. Room was very nice, albeit a bit rustic, which is in keeping with the ambiance. No televisions, and no staff around after 1900 each evening, which seemed a bit odd, but was clearly advertised. Didn't get to eat dinner there, as the restaurant is only open certain nights. A very enjoyable stay, would go back to again. Close proximity to Boone, Blowing Rock, and other beautiful western NC towns.

Room Tip: Stay in the Inn, unless you like a more rustic feel of the log cabins. Perhaps, get a room farther...
Mooresville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a wonderful place to spend a fall weekend in North Carolina. Great location, wonderful service, beautiful home, and amazing food!! Our room was one of the front rooms and we had a great view of the Inn's garden and the wonderful fall color of the mountains. Breakfast was so delicious and very filling. We loved our server, Christina. Make sure to book dinner reservations... yum. I had the vegetarian special and my husband ordered the pork chop and brussel sprouts. Both were wonderful with fresh local produce. Very convient location to Boone, Valle Crucis and other surrounding areas. If you go in October don't miss the Valle Country Fair. Also a visit to the Boone Farmers Market is worth your time. Or you can just sit on the porch of the Mast Farm Inn and enjoy the weather.

central PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a beautiful place with historic buildings; we stayed in the Loom House, which has been tastefully modernized without marring its character. It was quiet, beautiful, comfortable in an interesting old valley with art galleries, hikes, great scenery, shopping -- just enough to do without sacrificing an afternoon nap. The days were sunny & warm, the nights cool but the gorgeous quilts on the bed kept things snuggly & warm. We loved touring around the area, looking at the fall leaves & historic buildings and some great art galleries & craft showrooms. The attentive staff were superb, It was a absolute winner!

Room Tip: The Loom House was a little dark because log cabins don't have huge windows but they kept the bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mast Farm Inn? Share your experiences!