“We loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
nc
“We loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

Our experience was terrific. The Cherry room was cozy and comfortable. The inn staff and dining staff were terrific. The food was out of this world! We had a great time.

• Liked — Cozy
  • Disliked — No TV
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the Loom House at the Mast Farm Inn on Saturday, March 22, 2008. This was our third visit to the Inn since 2002. In the past, we have also given gift certificates for the Inn to family members. This was a special one-night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We really adore Valle Crucis and the Inn and will always consider it one of our top choices for a romantic getaway.

A little background on a past experience with the Inn: We have 2 small children – a 2 year old and a 9 month old – so it is always a treat to get some ‘grown-up’ time. We had reservations at the Inn in March 2007 as well. I was 5 months pregnant at the time and the day before we were to arrive for our anniversary weekend, I was unexpectedly hospitalized. My husband called the Inn and explained the situation and they were very gracious and understanding. Usually there is a penalty for a cancellation within the 14-day window, but not this time! Plus, we were using a gift certificate from my in-laws and I was concerned about that going to waste. No problem there, either. I ended up being on extended bed rest until our baby girl was born in June. No worries – she is one happy and healthy baby girl now!

When it came time to plan our anniversary this year, the Inn was our first choice. I called Renae and explained the situation and she was very helpful. We were allowed to use our gift certificate from last year. That’s pretty amazing customer service and, unfortunately, not that common any more.

Bottom-line: The staff was pleasant and helpful. The Loom House was wonderful, as usual. We really love soaking in the tub for two and building fires in the fireplace stove. No TV, no phone, no computer – my idea of heaven (short-term, anyway!) Also, we have never found the noise-level to be an issue.
Breakfast was delicious – we lucked out because it was a French Toast day <<yummy>>. We didn’t have dinner at the Inn this year, though we have in the past, under the former owners.

We will definitely go back again and again.

• Liked — Service, Historical Ambience, Location
  • Disliked — The mattress was a little uncomfortable but that was a very, very minor detail.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
forsyth Co.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

We were very pleased with everything about our stay on valentines day. The room was out of a picture book, very charming in every way the owners are attentive to your every need and the meals are nothing short of fabulous. We were royally treated.and my wife was made to feel very special on valentines day. Thanks Mast Farm for this experience. The Coles

Stayed February 2008
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

My husband and I, along with our ten year old son, stayed at the Mast Farm Inn the weekend of February 8th, 2008. We desperately needed a break from our normal schedules and routines. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend at the inn, and we will definitely go back.
We were orignally booked in the Blacksmith Shop, but upon check in, we were upgraded to a much larger cottage called the Granary. Since we were traveling with our son, we really appreciated the extra space, the common areas, and the privacy. Our accomodations were great. We had all the comforts of home, except for the TV and computer. We had dinner at the inn on Friday evening, and while the meal was definitely not inexpensive, the food was extremely fresh, plentiful, and very well prepared. There is also an excellent selection of wine and beer available. The service and atmosphere in the dining room also contributed to our enjoyment of the evening. Breakfast at Mast Farm Inn was a treat too. The menu at dinner and breakfast is set (except for dessert choices at dinner), but our server at breakfast anticipated that our son might appreciate some variations from the standard menu, and she was right on the money. I do understand that the folks at the inn will do their best to accomodate special dietary needs, but we didn't have the need to make any special requests.

• Liked — Great Service
  • Disliked — Dinner was expensive
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

Recently I spent the weekend at the Mast farm Inn B&B. My stay couldn't have been better, from the smells coming out of the kitchen - breakfast and dinner were wonderful multi-course gourmet meals to the attentiveness of the staff where they really cared and tried to personalize my stay without being intrusive. I got to disconnect for a bit. That's the exact word that the staff uses to describe the experience and after one weekend, I am a believer. Lot's of attention to detail there. I won't ruin it but if you make reservations for dinner, the menu you look at will really surprise you. I'm not much of a leisure traveler, mostly mixing business with pleasure, but the Mast Farm Inn is pure mountain leisure and someplace I'll return. Maybe next time I'll look into getting a Porsche to drive around. These are available through a Porsche Club across the street (same owners).

• Liked — the warmth of the staff
  • Disliked — not enough snow!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Great value-Wonderful setting.
Gracious Innkeepers.
Delicious food.
Unparalleled Generosity (free up-grade at check-in).

• Liked — privacy
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Mast Farm Inn? Share your experiences!