“A Perfect Mountain Retreat!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valle Crucis
Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast
You added Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2171 Broadstone Road, Valle Crucis, NC 28604   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Valle Crucis B&B and Inns
Claremont NC
“A Perfect Mountain Retreat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

I was looking for some place special to surprise my husband for our 24th anniversary. When I found the Valle Crucis B&B, I knew I had found what I was looking for. Suzanne and Damon have obviously put a great deal of love and attention into making it feel like home. There are so many little personal touches...a vase with a fresh day lily from the garden and homemade chocolate chip cookies! Her "Red White and Blueberry" pancakes on July 4th were just wonderful! And Damon prepares the most perfectly cooked bacon in the mountains! Our hosts gave us a tour of the property and said "make yourselves at home." We stayed for 2 nights and when we left, we were saying goodbye to friends instead of innkeepers. We will be back for sure!
Lisa and David Shuping, Claremont NC

• Liked — The friendliness and enthusiasm of the innkeepers and the beauty and comfort of the whole place.
  • Disliked — There wasn't one thing I didn't like!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Florida & Calfornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out in the mountains and rejuvenating my soul at this very special place. I felt more comfortable here than in many of the five star resorts I’ve stayed in all around the world. Suzanne and Damon warmly welcomed me and saw to every my need. While the B&B has every creature comfort you can imagine, there’s so many activities just a short drive away! I highly recommend Horseback riding, Snow tubing and simply relaxing on B&B’s veranda overlooking the valley & horses. I know I’ll be back every year if for nothing else Suzanne’s amazing breakfast!

• Liked — Service & cleanliness
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

We just returned from a two day stay at the Valle Crucis B&B. What a nice place to stay while in the NC High Country. Just 15 to 20 minutes away from Boone or Blowing Rock, yet at the end of your day you retreat to Valle Crucis and the best B&B. Suzanne and Damon should be the hostess and host of the year. They were so helpful and you felt comforable asking for anything--from dinner recommendations, best hiking trails to best routes to take. We were greeted with a tour and refreshments (cold drinks and cookies--yum). Our room, Mountainview, was so comfortable with a wonderful view of the mountains. The common area was just like sitting at home in our own living room. The breakfasts were to die for -- especially Damon's bacon and Suzanne's carmalized French toast!!!! There is not a thing we would have changed about our stay at Valle Crusis B&B. We will go back if for no other reason than to have other great conversations with Suzanne and Damon. Wonderful stay. Wonderful people.

• Liked — The host and hostess
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

We had a great time. Suzanne was so sweet and she makes the best banana bread ever! We stayed in the bank suite. The weather was a little crazy that week with 70 mph wind gusts but we were so happy to stay in the room and just relax one of the days. It was so warm and cozy we never knew it was freezing and windy outside. Everything was spotless. The personal touches were very thoughful too! We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

We enjoyed our stay in "the Bank Suite" so much! The owners were so warm and friendly! We loved our suite and the special touches they added for me...the wine and fruit/cheese was wonderful! We definitely recommend this B&B anytime...and we'll probably come up again sometime for some R&R! The owners gave great recommendations of places to eat and visit. As a Wedding Coordinator I can say I definitely will recommend Valle Crucis B&B! A must DO when near Boone, NC!

Stayed February 2007
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

Ideally located in the beautiful Valle Crucis an easy jaunt from Charlotte, the Valle Crucis Bed and Breakfast is an amazing vacation spot with lots of nearby activities. The Innkeepers Suzanne and Damon extend superb hospitality with small personal touches that welcomes you and makes you feel at home in their pristine rustic cabin bed and breakfast. Luxurious Beds, high thread count bedding; fluffy robes and warmed towels are not the only amenities at this great cabin. Shampoos, conditioner, lotion, mini fridges stocked with water, and personal fireplaces are offered to all guests. After staying with Suzanne and Damon Five times in the past three years, it’s an easy recommendation. Be sure to pack a swimsuit, any time of year, so you won’t miss their secluded outdoor Jacuzzi with views of the mountains and valley.
Dahlton Bennington Fort Laudardale, FL

• Liked — The Warm friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — I had to leave!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2006

We were in town for my fiancee's brothers graduation and decided to stay in our first B&B. It was perfect-down to the great views of the mountains to the food! We dealt mostly with Suzanne and she was more than happy to help us with anything we needed. We even had homemade cookies awaiting for us when we arrived in our room. The inn was completely SPOTLESS! I can't find anything to complain about. We had a great time and will definately be back!! Thanks

• Liked — The Rooms!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything???
  • Tips/Secrets — Go try the rest..Casa Rustica-italian-right down the road from the inn!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Valle Crucis Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!