“Always good never cheap” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: After three very successful years of operation as a Restaurant and Winery, The 1861 Farmhouse was purchased in the spring of 2014 by the owners of The Mast Farm Inn. A new restaurant, Over Yonder, will open in June 2014, offering a local, farm-fresh menu.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Always good never cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I will have to say the owners are friends of ours so we try to have dinner there whenever we go up to the mountains but I'm not just pumping up friends, the food is very good! Always an interesting menu, nothing too outlandish but good flavor parings & my wife really enjoys their wine. They have won numerous awards for their wines made & aged right there on the premises. The decor is very "farmhouse elegant" late 1800's, early 1900's period style. We like to go to a "nice" restaurant at least once while we're up for a few days & this often fits the bill. As for the bill, if I were rating that I would put it at $$$ - $$$$

Visited August 2013

% Recommend
“Go somewhere else!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The meat and bread were fresh and had good flavor but the service was colder than the meat. I have read some of the other reviews on here and see that I'm not the only one that believes this. My visit was a onetime thing- I'll never go back. Work on smiling and greeting customers and realize that probably 90% of your customers have never been there before. If a seating option was available, we weren't made aware. Expensive for half of a sandwich and a drink.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

When you are in the area, it's hard to go wrong with this place. Nice people greet & serve you, food is fresh & good and the atmosphere in charming. Relaxed pace and reasonable prices are a plus. Solid choice all the way around.

• Visited September 2013