“Amazing Girls Getaway for Sisters” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Madelyn's in the Grove Bed and Breakfast

Madelyn's in the Grove Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Union Grove
Madelyn's in the Grove Bed and Breakfast
You added Madelyn's in the Grove Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1836 West Memorial Highway, P.O. Box 249, Union Grove, NC 28689   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Union Grove B&B and Inns
Douglas, Georgia
“Amazing Girls Getaway for Sisters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I was looking for a perfect place for my sister and I to connect after two years of being apart and Madelyn's in the Grove turned out to be the best spot for our reunion. I was greeted by Madelyn herself, who was just as bubbly as she sounded on the phone when I made the reservations. She had our room nice and toasty and most importantly, cozy .... ready for our stay. Everything was clean and tidy and very well decorated. We stayed in the loft in the main house which made us feel very safe and secure. There was a quaint seating area in our room, perfect for conversation. The king size bed covered in luxurious linens facilitated peaceful sleep. We were greeted with yummy, fresh chicken salads, ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream for sundaes. The next morning we had a breakfast basket delivered to our door with sliced oranges, fresh blueberry muffins, coffee, orange juice, and more. On our checkout day, Madelyn and her wonderful husband, Dick, served us a three course breakfast fit for royalty! Union Grove is a wonderful little town with lots to do. My sister and I drove just 10 miles away to a new cinema complex, restaurants, and lots of shopping! Plan your next getaway with girlfriends, family, or a couples getaway at Madelyn's in the Grove. You won't be disappointed!

• Liked — The girls getaway package and excellent service
  • Disliked — N/
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at Madelyn's in the Grove for three nights on a big road trip that we took this summer. I can't say enough about Madelyn's hospitality. Our room and bath were charming and comfortable, with incredibly lush linens. The bay window was a perfect spot to enjoy a book or wireless internet. Breakfast each morning was beautifully presented, delicious, and large enough to sustain us through our daily activities until middle afternoon. There were always home baked snacks and beverages available.

Madelyn was available for advice and directions to local activities, but gave us plenty of space to move about the house and grounds independently.

The entire experience was just delightful. We will definitely make a return visit.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hilton Head
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I must start out by saying, this was one of the best get-away trips that my wife and I have ever had. I found that this bed and breakfast was easy to find, and centrally located for my wife and I to visit several of the local wineries. We always found that after a day of being out and about, it always felt great to know where we were going back to. We found it to be very relaxing, if we were just sitting in the library reading, or on the back deck with a glass of wine.

Every morning stepping out, and walking into the beautiful dining room to find that Madelyn had made breakfast that was so fresh and tasty ( I wish my wife could cook breakfast like that ) was truly delightful.

I have been to other bed and breakfast before, but this by far surpasses most of them. It was quiet, peaceful, and very relaxing, Just what we needed.

Madelyn's in the Grove will surely be in my future traveling plans.

• Liked — Can't define just one thing.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2006

We were very impressed with Madelyns in the Grove! We were on a much needed week long vacation and the accommodations at Madelyns were the best along our trip. I enjoyed the big King bed in our room, it was perfect and so were the pillows. I slept so good! The breakfast table was set so pretty and the food so delicious we didn't eat lunch until late afternoon. I could spend a whole day just looking around the house at all Madelyn's handiwork and whimsical decor pieces. Needless to say we loved this bed and breakfast!

• Stayed March 2006
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

What a wonderful experience. My visit was intended as an educational getaway. Well, that part of my visit was rewarding. The class was small, only seven people. We each had a computer and as much personal time with the instructor as we needed. The best part of my visit, however, was the morning. My room (Jenny suite) was on the second floor of the cottage. The room has a balcony and private entrance. Spring was in the air. I left the door open when I tucked myself into bed. In the morning I was awakened by birds singing and a crisp morning breeze. I opened my eyes to a magnificent view of trees filled with buds and the promise of Spring. I was inspired to walk the gardens before breakfast and came upon the most beautiful Camllia tree. John, my host tells me it is a bush, but it must have been 12 feet high and 7 feet wide, so I call it a tree. It was filled with flowers, both red and white. I picked one and brought it to breakfast, which I might add was wonderful, all three courses. I have visited Madelyn’s in the Grove several times and each time enjoyed the hospitality of John and Madelyn. As you can tell I am a fan.

• Stayed February 2006
Narragansett, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

The Garden Room is actually on the second floor but it is still awesome. The room is huge! I could watch the satelite TV on the sitting room side while my room mate slept away on the comfortable king-sized bed. Bring a book for some quality time in the soaking tub. The view of the stars from the private deck is just amazing. I ate way too much at breakfast but found plenty of activities during the day to justify the lucious calories. John and Madelyn are wonderful hosts.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

I met up with friends at Madelyn's this week. Our hosts prepared a wonderful breakfast--I liked both the strawberry fruit cup and the eggs in a stick potato basket. And I can't say I've every had "dessert" for breakfast!
Our room on the first floor had a bay window, deep violet walls and a very nice bathroom with shower. Today the camellia flowers bloomed outside! How very Southern!
Madelyn directed us to the local wineries, an Amish country store for a lunch sandwich and through the farm country to a fabulous one-of-a-kind store for home decor and other things.
I didn't realize how rural and restful this hill country is just under an hour from Charlotte. Don't miss the many porches around the house, gazebo and a dog or cat to "sit a spell" with you (Madelyn and John have pets)
I toured one of the rooms with a whirlpool or soaking tub and thought about a romantic getaway.... I would recommend it to others and hope to come back and try it myself!

Been to Madelyn's in the Grove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!