“Dreadful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantis Restaurant - CLOSED

Atlantis Restaurant
2000 New River Inlet Rd, Suite 2701, Topsail Beach, Topsail Island, NC 28460-9500
910-328-2002
Dining options: Reservations
staffs
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Chose the Atlantis for the position which is , and decided to treat ourselves to a Sunday buffet, what a disaster. The food was dreadful, bland,uninviting and cold with mean portions of meat and fish. The Bajan fish cakes which are served over the isand were rubbery and cold the suckling pig was finished by th look of it but oh no! the chef startied tio dig the brains out and slopped it on my plate, the sea bass had finished but it took nearly 45 minutes for them to bring out another one. The desserts were unimaginative with strawberry and chocoate gataux you could get from Aldi, where was the rum soaked pineable or tripical fruits and coconut ice cream. I have never had such an appalling presentation of a buffet. The management think they are special, but I would have reather eaten at a Bajan Shack where the food has been delicious. What I can't believe is how bussy it was, however speaking to people afterwards all had been dissapointed.
It is a huge pity as the room and the view is stunning, go and have a coffee which we did but don't book a buffett which we did on the result of our fist visit. Nearly forgot the cost was 80 bajan dollars but by the time they have added all there extras tax, service charge, and donations to various animal charities it adds up to a lot more.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't do it.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I recently had a terrible experience with this establishment. First, the food was not good but that is only the beginning. The service was well below par, especially when asking for something simple like a drink. It felt like it took forever and when the waitress finally did bring one, you felt like you should order two because you would never see her for a while. Another problem was the step in the dining area. Not only did they not tell me to “watch my step” but I stumbled twice and I knew it was there. I was fearful for my mother who is very old. We had her sit at the far end of the table. The view was good but only for the fortunate few who had a window seat. My recommendation is to find another restaurant, ANY restaurant other than Atlantis.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not Happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I really am not happy at all with this Restaraunt. The service was poor, I had asked to speak with the management after I received my food. The management was not helpful at all , and actually snippy with me. I felt like they didnt care about me as a customer. I will not go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“MY Wedding”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I had my wedding reception held there, to be totally honest I had a great time during the reception but not a pleasent expierence at all with the managment staff, Once they get your money they could care less about you. They ask for a 1000 deposit...BE CAREFUL! You will most likley not get this back. During my honeymoon they contacted me and told me they were very unhappy with what went on during the reception, In total shock I asked oh my gosh what happened? ( Being the bride I was very busy socializing) So im thinking something terriable happened. Turns out some one spilled wine on a table linen, A glass was broken, and AFTER the reception a guest went to the bar to purchase a drink (WELL AFTER THE RECEPTION WAS OVER) and knocked into a table and broke a vase. Well they felt the need to keep half of my deposit for this and refused to give me proof of recipets that they indeed did keep the correct amount to replace (fix) these items. Correct me if im wrong but if you went to dinner at a resturant and spilled wine, would you be charged. NO. The Drama still hasnt ended with them. Please do yourself a favor and have your reception some where else. Its not worth the stress. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions

New York City, New York
“Are they kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I was at the Atlantis for a wedding in September 2010 and the BARTENDER was so rude that if I didn't know better, I would have thought we were on a hidden camera show. I've never experienced such horrible, snarky behavior anywhere. It's so bad, that one month later, I'm still fuming.