“Such a rip off” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Greensboro, NC
“Such a rip off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went to the Beach shop twice during our recent stay in Topsail. I have dined at the Beach Shop just about every summer for the last ten years and I can't believe how bad it was this time. The first night we went there for dinner and did not realize until it was too late that the restaurant goes from being casual during breakfast and lunch to being ridiculously overpriced and wanna be fancy at dinner! We were forced to buy the cheapest thing on the menu which was a $14 dollar BURGER! I couldnt believe it! The burger was tasty but those dinner prices are crazy! Topsail is not that kind of beach town!

The last day we were there we went for lunch due to lack of other restaurant options in town and were disappointed again! My husband and I both got the chicken salad sandwich with homemade hot chips. The sandwich hardly had any chicken salad on it! It was mostly lettuce and an unappetizing tomato slice and the chips were so overcooked and hard that they were not even edible. What a bust! I've been told before that breakfast is the only thing really worth going for and now I know why!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our two meals (Breakfast and Lunch) in ONE day ! We were so impressed with the friendly staff and quality of food for breakfast that we decided to come back that very same day for lunch. Lunch was just as good as breakfast. The prices are not exhorbitant if you consider the time and gas that it would take to go to Surf City. Sure if I wanted a $4.00 breakfast at McDonalds then I wouldn't spend $7 at the Beach Shop Grill, which provides personal wait staff and a super nice atmosphere. Love this place !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
“Lunch :-) Dinner ???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The old Beach shop and Grill had great hot dogs and burgers. Presently, it's upgraded with the times, but you can still get a hot dog or burger for lunch (as well as a number of other tasty items). The shrimp burger with home-style chips was awesome! But don't go looking for a burger in the evening. Oddly, for dinner the Beach Shop and Grill switches from burger to filet mignon. Everything, and I mean everything, changes- from a completely different menu (and prices) to table cloth coverings. Clearly, they're catering to an upscale crowd when the sun goes down. While that's great and has its place, it's not what I'm looking for at Topsail.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salisbury, North Carolina
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

would recommend to anyone. The quality of food and service is great. A very clean place with a very professional staff. I got the schrimp and grits and they were spectacular. I can't wait to go back again to try something else.

Visited June 2013
Triad, NC
“Best french toast, EVER.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is outstanding in every aspect, at least in our experience with our breakfast here one morning. Great coffee, great service, and the french toast... OMG! There was some cinnamon, some rum in there (probably in the mixture they dredged it in), whatever they did to it, it was amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere