“Just Fantastic !!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Just Fantastic !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The waitresses, waiter and even the owner makes sure your being taken care off, If your there for a buffet or full meal you will never be disapointed, and the price is just right.

Visited May 2012

Halifax, Virginia
“ALWAYS A GOOD MEAL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Have eaten there on several occasions, never been disappointed

Visited December 2011
Durham, North Carolina
“Alright.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I'm not sure why the other reviewers were raving about the salad bar. it's pretty ordinary. They have iceberg lettuce. Would it be too "exotic" to add some spinach or other types of lettuce? It's really not that special. My steak was Ok. The service was OK. The atmosphere is all country cutesy rural barn chic and I guess it's alright for where it's located. All in all it's not bad. I wouldn't make any special effort to go there but it's alright if you don't feel like cooking....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Danville, Virginia
“Yuuuummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Me and a friend visited The Homestead after finding a discount coupon for them. As soon as you walk in you feel warm and welcome. It's very inviting with nice decoration and a cleanliness that you can feel. Even though they were very very busy we were seated promptly and very quickly had our drinks served.

The salad bar is amazing. Everything is so fresh!! All containers filled and complimentary bread and cheese comes with it.

The steak was tender and had a very good flavor. Service was impeccable. Also, for dessert I highly recommend the banana pudding. It was great. I don't think you can't go wrong here and I can't wait to go back another time!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mebane, North Carolina
“Beautiful restaurant, great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

After years of absence because Homestead is not close to us, we took advantage of one of their anniversary coupons to revisit Homestead. The owners of this restaurant have it together... the entry area is very inviting and amazingly decorated, the walls are filled with art, even though very busy the wait was short, and the food above average. What impressed me most besides the fact that we used a coupon and got more then we bargained for? The cleanliness of the restaurant and the welcome atmosphere. I love a good salad bar, and Homestead's is clean, the containers all filled, and they offer fresh bread and cheese on the bar. Service was good, even though the place was hopping, and our food arrived quickly. That's probably the one thing I thought was a negative... their food arrives too promptly so that the meal is over and one with quickly. There's not a lot of time to visit or even eat a salad before the entree arrives, but I'm sure a lot of folks appreciate the fast service more than I do. Our steaks were cooked exactly like we ordered and were very tasty. My Texas husband was even impressed and that's not easy to do where steak is concerned. Because of this positive experience we will make more return visits to the Homestead.

• Visited September 2011