“Best fast food in North Carolina” 5 of 5 stars

(336) 475-8814
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 79 Restaurants in Thomasville
central Ohio
“Best fast food in North Carolina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I am not embarrassed to admit I sometimes schedule trips to NC just so I can go to a Cook-Out. Amazing fast food. Burgers "cook-out style" have onions, chili, and cole slaw on them and have no equal anywhere else. They serve real BBQ that tastes better than BBQ at some authentic joints...not sure how they make it happen but it's great when you're in a hurry. And the shakes are outstanding...dozens of flavors. Cheerwine on tap as well. My kid gives the chicken strips a thumbs-up too.

Visited March 2014

Ronks
“Great MILKSHAKES!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a great place that is open late. IT is a drive through restaurant only. They have 40 flavors of shakes. My order was correct and I didn't have all the issues the recent reviews stated. The hamburger was great...the French Fries were hot and tasty and their Hush Puppies were good. We went there twice during our visit in NC.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“A message to Cook-out...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Styrofoam: Why? I love the food, but today I made the decision not to go again until you change your practice of giving out tons of Styrofoam (which is actually recyclable) and then not offering a way to recycle it. So I carried it all home, which is ridiculous. What bothers me is all the Christian messages on the cups and other Styrofoam things. Hey, I love Jesus, but you put John 3:16 on a huge Styrofoam drink cup and forget about the first chapter of Romans. Paul beautifully points out that "All creation speaks of the invisible qualities and divine nature of God, so that no one can have an excuse” (on the day of judgment.) So yes, "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son": specific revelation. Creation: general revelation, and as important a witness of God's love—for most people, the only one. Jesus made the world, right? So why do you want to go a trash it? Guys, get it together. This is America—we're supposed to know better. I live in Asheville, NC—one of the most progressive towns in the country where your restaurants stand out like a sore thumb. Take a look at In and Out on the west coast—also a Christian hamburger chain serving great food, but with an eco-God centered conscience. They put their scriptures on a paper cup and then offer recycling. Paper will break down in less than a year. If profit is what you are going for, you can learn a lesson there; I'm pretty sure their sales per store far out shine yours. My meal was finished in 10 minutes; the Styrofoam will take 1+ million years to decompose. Not worth it. Your food is good, but not that good…

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Revenge? Or Just Nasty?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Traveling north on Interstate 85, I often stop at Exit 103 to fill up with gas which tends to be about 15 cents per gallon cheaper than in my hometown. After getting gas, I have stopped many times at the adjacent Cook Out, a fast food restaurant. Practically every time I've stopped and opened my styrofoam tray after I am back on the highway, I've noticed my order is wrong - either in part or totally. It's truly hard to imagine how many mistakes one small hamburger joint can make. This time before I ordered I made it quite clear that I drink UNsweetened tea and am almost always served sweet tea which I throw away. I even went so far this time to ask for a complimentary UNsweet tea for all the ones I've tossed. Well, I got the correct tea, but - and I wonder if this was retaliation for my request - I removed the foil-wrapped burger from the tray only to find the foil covered in mustard. When I removed the burger, it was so filled with mustard that it ran out of the bun and all over my shirt. The "sides" (chicken nuggests fried to a true crisp and soggy onion rings) were inedible. Whether this was intended or just more of their errors, this was my last visit ever. I can still get gas then go across the street to a very good Arby's!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thomasville, North Carolina
“I felt ignored and disrespected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I ordered bacon cheeseburgers with tomato, mayo and lettuce, and got pickles and ketchup. I also repeated my order, so was ignored both times.
Why have a menu that insists customers order their toppings if you're going to ignore them and serve them "whatever is handy" ??
Pickles and ketchup with bacon is almost as disgusting as I felt after getting my order.
They WOULD be good burgers, but because of the attitude (two times this has happened), I won't be back. I'll go someplace where I don't feel dissed instead.

• Visited May 2012